FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 10, 2024, 10:43:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome to the WA Club!  (Read 8013 times)
frank
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: May 30, 2003, 11:09:35 PM »

Well guys, its finally happened .. the FE-FC Holden Car Club of WA had its inaugural AGM last night, and as expected, a great success.  We had 10 attendees with three apologies.  Our office bearers are:
Gary Stevens - President
Damien Siciliano - Vice President
Brad Williams - Secretary
Mark Taylor - Treasurer
If you're interested in joining our Club (and you're living in WA!), then please email either Gary at garys@iinet.net.au
or Brad at bradgem@iinet.net.au
Lots of good ideas and positive suggestions were raised and we're all looking forward to a great time!  We even signed up a new member on our way out of the meeting who just happened to park next to Gary's FE ute  ...
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2003, 01:46:04 AM »

That's great news.  I've been looking forward to this official announcement.  When you have a PO Box organised please let us know it and I'll make sure you're put on our club's mailing list.

Put us down for a combined club run one Sunday Tongue

Best wishes, and if there's anything the NSW Club can do to assist, please let us know.

Holden Together,
RET
NSW Club Secretary

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2003, 02:42:18 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Well done guys,  As Richard said, as soon as you have a postal address let me know and you will receive our newletters.  Also a phone number would be handy as I have received a couple of phone calls (from WA owners) this last month regarding whether a WA club exists or not.  Good Luck and anything I can do to help you - do not hesitate to contact me: Kathleen Textor, Secretary, Nationals Chairperson, SA Club, Phone (08 - 83815121). Wink Wink Wink

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2003, 07:39:25 AM »

congrats to you guys for putting it together,i guess the hard work is not over yet;i haven't seen any photos of marks rig on this site -i reckon it's time ..come  on mark-show 'em a pic of the joker  

looking forward to teaming up with you guys Smiley
« Last Edit: May 31, 2003, 07:45:23 AM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
ChrisB

"Shiny Bits"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2003, 10:10:16 AM »

Congratulations guys,

Now when were the Nationals due for WA

Cheers ChrisB  Cool
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2003, 10:56:36 AM »

Congrats guys and gals.
Great to hear that the club thing has become official. I wish you all the best and also offer any assistance if required. Please keep us updated with events in the west.
Regards
Alex

Tony FC5859

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2003, 03:48:22 AM »

It's great to see another FE-FC car club , Richard how about putting the FE-HR car club of Tassie back on your mailing list as well, we used to receive your newsletters and they would be the first  I would grab  to read after our monthly meeting. our new potal address is  p o  box 86  South Hobart Tasmania 7004 ,thanks  Smiley Tony Styles
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2003, 07:58:57 AM »

Tony,

Your club wasn't dropped off the mailing list - you probably received the last issue of Sideplate in the old format within a week of its being printed.

Unfortunately I didn't have the time to devote to it and the wheels pretty much fell off.  I had a 75% complete issue on my computer for more than a year that could never quite get there.  By the time the classifieds were updated, the gossip page was out of date, or the calendar page, or...

However, just in the last couple of months we have re-instituted a new-look magazine, and we share the editorial task between a few of us.  There have been two issues produced in this format, and your club should have received them.  If you haven't, I'll get that fixed.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
robbzfc58
Guru

Gone but not forgotten.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2003, 12:58:52 PM »

gary &  crew
         is it too soon for us country members to see the logo we'll be using
                     thanks

the mrs just handed me the email you sent cuppla days ago
« Last Edit: June 02, 2003, 07:17:27 AM by robbzfc58 » Logged

robbzfc58
RIP Trevor Robb: a good mate to all on the FE-FC Forum
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 02, 2003, 12:48:34 AM »

The Vic club extends its congratulations and support as well.  As mentioned above - as soon as you have a club address we will send newsletters.

Regards  Ken
ARTHUR
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2003, 10:35:41 AM »

PLEASE SEND ME SOME DETAILS RE JOINING

I'M IN

ARTHUR GREEN
TOWNHOUSE 9
68 SOUTHSIDE DRIVE
HILLARYS WA 6025

TELE 9447 9812
FE_UTE
wa-club

Model: FE and FC

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2003, 10:52:12 AM »

Hi Arthur

Left a message on your answering machine and will contact you later

Cheers
Gary Stevens
President FE/FC Holden Car Club of WA
« Last Edit: June 13, 2003, 10:53:47 AM by FE_UTE » Logged

graham_fuller
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 13, 2003, 08:24:58 PM »

Good stuff and welcome aboard,
I'm sure the club will flourish as you continue the Holden legend with these classic cars.
Cheers,
Graham Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
slim
Guru

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2003, 10:54:49 AM »

Good to see OLD HOLDEN FREAKS rite across AUSTRALIA.  Welcome ! Does that mean we can finally Add WA to our map of AUSTRALIA on the beginning of entry to the forum.  P/S Cant wait till yas hold a nationals , Iv never been to WA .

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2003, 12:28:54 PM »

I hope so Slim....and whilst we'll have to crawl a bit before we walk, I personally would like to think we could one day host an FE-FC Nationals Meet.

I'm also pleased to announce the official postal address of the FE-FC Holden Car Club of WA as......

FE-FC Holden Car Club of WA
P.O. Box 8036
Warnbro.  WA

..and we would welcome all correspondence from the other FE-FC Holden Car Clubs from around Australia (and the other clubs that feel affiliated through this forum).

Thanks for your encouragement and assistance guys, we seem to have tapped into a real need in WA in the support of those who find these classic cars irresistable.

As Frank mentioned in the first post of this string, we even had people enquiring as we left our inaugural official meeting, such is the lure of these fantastically stylish machines...

Brad Williams (Secretary, FE-FC Holden Car Club of WA)

-KIWI-

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2003, 04:43:45 AM »

dont suppose you auzzies would want to add a eastern state called new zealand to your lists im sure we could come up with a few members  from fx-eh prehaps
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2003, 02:05:04 AM »

If you go to the FE-FC Home page, you'll now find the WA Club proudly displayed there, as well as some other improvements.

The proper website for the WA Club will follow soon - there's just a place-holder there at the moment.

Welcome aboard guys!

cheers
RET

fcfromscratch
wa-club

FC - Fantastic Cars

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2003, 02:03:38 PM »

Hey RET,

thanks for this and all your help with setting up the new club, it is appreciated.

it's good to see the big brown mass on the left of the continent now active....just have to work on the NT now.......then we'll have it all covered!!

Brad
FE_UTE
wa-club

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 18, 2003, 12:14:31 PM »

The  FE-FC Holden Club of WA now has its Web page up and running with the WA logo designed and drawn by Damien Siciliano(Vice President). The web page is part of the National FE-FC Home Page and can be seen by clicking :- http://www.fefcholden.org.au/main.html

I would like to thank Richard for his help in setting up the site as well as many others in helping the WA Club get off the ground.Thanks also to the many emails we recieved from around the country from other club members and forum users.

The site is fairly basic at the moment .A membership form will soon be available for downloading. There is a newsletter being sorted at the moment as well as sample jackets and t-shirts being sourced. A calender of events is also on the agenda.
As we have many enquires from the country areas we will be emailing everyone as these items come onboard with colour copies where possible

We have already gained our first member from the page from Kalgoolie, Dale who is restoring an FE Ute

Gary Stevens
President WA Club

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: