FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:27:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Full Chassis  (Read 18684 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2013, 04:13:09 PM »

Gaz will pm you the name of the bloke i used. Sometimes hard to get but talk to him over the phone and let him know exactly what you want to do and get a feel if he is right for you. By the way who was the engineer that came down. Regards Brett
fink

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2013, 09:12:32 PM »

Thanks Brett,will call him shortly,the Engineer was a bit ''green'' i'm think'n,Sanjay a PM,Indian dude,fingers crossed this guy comes to the party, Cheesy  Gaz!
brett_f

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2013, 09:28:06 PM »

Thats ur problem Gaz. Never heard of an indian or the likes engineering cars before. They ride around on motor bikes with the family hanging off Grin Grin Grin. Must say that is a feat on its own Roll Eyes Roll Eyes. Brett
fink

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 22, 2013, 02:42:27 AM »

Meeting with your bloke 2day Brett,fingers crossed it turns out ok! Gaz! Roll Eyes
fink

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 23, 2013, 09:54:30 PM »

Spoke with the Engineer and he was all good with my ideas.He pointed out that it wasn't nessasary to fit a ''full chassis''if i was planning to run a V8.I wan't air-bags all round and a engine bay that's user friendly,he told me the ''curb weight''determines engine size,in this case 5.4LTR.
I'm checking out a donor car over the w/end to figure out how much works involved as the big issue will be the floor.
Gaz!
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 23, 2013, 11:01:12 PM »

I got an 81 hilux chassis, shortened rails, was gunna try something with that but after fangin around in the bush with its v6 and 5speed, LSD etc, its much more fun than driving anything on the road! So I've kept it that way for now. Hilux has lots of understeer with the v6, imagine what a bigger engine would do. But very good power to weight. Just has roll cage and floor.  Shocked

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fink

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 03, 2013, 08:33:54 PM »

Well, I bit the bullet today and bought a Toyota Crown,1970,hamburger w/lot and an auto,need the big hump for the g/box,anyway,it's a start,Gaz! Cool
ps,if anyone needs parts,panels,interior,big6 and auto in gc,there all yours for nix,i'm in Vic.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 03, 2013, 10:48:06 PM »

Hey Gaz
I like your latest development.
Can't wait to see how you go about it.
Good luck.
Regards
Alex

fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2013, 02:52:23 AM »

Yeah hurry up and start

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Harko

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2013, 06:10:51 AM »

ive set my engine in low to keep the centre of gravity down and this now takes the space of the original crown steering box.
im finding it hard to get a suitable rack to work , im thinking a centre steer will work but havent sourced one as yet.
this is about the only major hurdle so far ,good luck.
fink

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 06, 2013, 08:54:54 PM »

I'm not familiar with your car,what running gear are you using,nothing worse doing things twice,i''ll take any suggestions,thanks Gaz!  Tongue
Harko

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 07, 2013, 08:24:01 AM »

ek body 1970 crown chassis , fc body 1968 crown chassis and a mate has an fj with 79 crown wagon chassis cut down to fit.
all are small block chevs although i set up both mine with big blocks untill they changed the power to weight ratio in nsw..

the fj has the engine mounted high and clears the facrtory power steering box but doesnt look real cool and the tailshaft angle might suffer as a result.
my project is sidelined for now so ill be watching on closely.
john253a

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 07, 2013, 12:25:13 PM »

also very interested
as to my knowledge none are currently full vic engineered

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...