FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 12:33:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Blue plate for seat change - Gold Coast  (Read 5106 times)
Oggz

View Profile
« on: March 21, 2013, 08:38:18 AM »

Hi guys,

Anyone know of someone on the gold coast who can give me a blue plate for premier bucket seats in an HR ute?

also does anyone know If i need body washers for the bolts next to the tunnel? have 25mm washers now but do I need washers similar to those needed for seatbelts?

Its the only thing stopping my RWC and I am itching to get some miles done...

Cheers
Jemahl
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 11:51:33 AM »

Not being able to see the issue I would measure or map on paper the hole pattern and size and go to my nearest steel merchant and buy opposing plates drilled alike and put a plate on top as well as on the bottom It maybe overkill but it will get you a RWC.
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 03:09:15 PM »

Jemahl, If your fitting original HD/HR buckets into a HR i cant see why you need a blue plate. They bolt up to the same seat bolt holes as the original bench seat. Obviously the seat belts remain in the current position although you would remove the centre one if it was fitted. I would tell the RWC guy that the seats (if genuine) are an optioned item for your vehicle. Like any factory option item it is legal and shouldnt require a blue plate however, im not in your state and may be wrong but i dont think so. Others in your state may know better than me. Regards Brett
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 08:05:30 PM »

hmmm my rwc guys is pretty old school, will run the option bit passed him, but he was pretty adamant that it needed a blue plate,

Am looking for any kind of reference online that they were an option so I can show him, if anyone can point me to somewhere official looking?

My friends dad worked for a holden dealership as a mechanic back when FC's were new, am pretty sure he was still there for the HR, I have heard him say that items where swapped out and installed new and sold as dealer options if the buyers wanted...

Will keep looking

Cheers
Jemahl
fb delivery

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 10:15:10 PM »

i think you will find that you will have to weld a 50mm x 50mm plate around the bolt hole for a blue plate
or find a pair of factory mounts that were spot welded to the under side of the floor  [ i may have some ]
then you can say they were factory fitted 

Rob
fink

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 03:50:56 AM »

For a start your RW guy should be telling you what's needed,he's doin tour RWC,as far as a blue plate Brett is exactly right,the floor plan is the same for both-seatbelts and buckets,check your frames for Cracks,it's a common problem,time for your RW GUY to retire i think! Cheesy
fb delivery

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 12:06:16 PM »

Hey Fink
A RWC and a blue plate are TWO differrent things
AND yes the floor plans are the same
BUTT YOU WILL NEED A BLUE PLATE
The factory option had a plate spot weld to the under side of the floor
to stop the floor form cracking

Rob
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2013, 06:03:36 PM »

i think you will find that you will have to weld a 50mm x 50mm plate around the bolt hole for a blue plate
or find a pair of factory mounts that were spot welded to the under side of the floor  [ i may have some ]
then you can say they were factory fitted 

Rob

Have plenty of body washers from belts out of my old sedan, the floor under is in good nick, no cracks, I like the idea of a bar underneath between the two bolts, maybe weld the nuts to the plate...

Called a local place that does blue plates for extra child seat anchor points, he can give me a blue plate for this...but hes on holiday till after easter...bah!

Jemahl
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 01:37:13 PM »

yep as i understand it QLD sucks my uncle had a WB ute factory fitted with a bench seat and had to have it blue plated because he put buckets in it, and yes they were WB bucket seats that he fitted
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 04, 2013, 12:21:53 PM »

Yeah, like i said earlier.Get a piece of cardboard and map the holes then cut the cardboard so as to leave around 35mm past the hole at either end and make it 50mm wide.Take this pattern[it will be 350mm or so long and 6mmthick with a hole at either end]to your local steel merchant and get them to cut 4.Take them home and bend them to the shape of the floor then drill them in pairs and remember to radius the corners. Place one on top and one below on either side under seat rails.This should pass .
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 04, 2013, 05:04:50 PM »

Yeah, like i said earlier.Get a piece of cardboard and map the holes then cut the cardboard so as to leave around 35mm past the hole at either end and make it 50mm wide.Take this pattern[it will be 350mm or so long and 6mmthick with a hole at either end]to your local steel merchant and get them to cut 4.Take them home and bend them to the shape of the floor then drill them in pairs and remember to radius the corners. Place one on top and one below on either side under seat rails.This should pass .

Thanks for the advice mate, but for the sake of expedience I picked up a mint bench seat and put that in for the RWC and to be honest, it gave the the leg room the buckets couldnt so I think the buckets will be for sale very shortly.

Cheers
Jemahl
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: