FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:29:07 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Started on the Wagon.  (Read 57745 times)
FC Dave

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2013, 09:44:52 PM »

Hey all. My car is up on stilts getting the brakes done. The engine runs smooth after points/plugs/oil etc. Fuel tank needs to come out. The old fuel was nearly laquer. My other problem is the bad repair some time ago.Bits of tin tacked on everywhere. LH font door was clashing with the guard. Some rust under the battery tray as well.

A bit of work ahead, but a good start being a complete & matching body numbers car. Donk is a B prefix from FB/EK.
fink

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 09:56:08 PM »

Nice Dave,my favorite color combo by a mile,good luck!

Gaz! Grin
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2013, 07:36:58 PM »

Thanks Gaz, I like the colours too. The green on black inside looks good too.
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:16:44 PM »

Well, with many thanks to Fatboy, I have a sub frame to work with. It was a good day having a look at some projects. Looking foward to getting stuck in now.
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2013, 07:56:04 PM »

Bit of an update. Here is the sandblasted & painted sub frame.

Inside is clean. Some patches in the floor, tacked over the top of the rusty floor.

On closer inspection, the whole LH side has been wiped out at some stage. The center pillar has been replaced. With some adjustments, the doors open & close ok. Fe front door with the trim holes lightly bogged over.

Hard work means plenty of fluid intake in the background.

No rust around the windscreen.

Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2013, 07:53:38 AM »

Sub frame looks great. Looks like it is coming together.

Regards

Wayne b
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2013, 08:18:06 PM »

Yes, a bit happier now the sub is sorted. Sills are coming off. A bit of patching here & there but overall a clean shell.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2013, 06:47:55 PM »

G'day Dave, your wagon looks to be in pretty good nick for her age it's hard to find one with that little rust nowadays, are you going to leave it standard or warm it up a little.
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2013, 09:04:40 PM »

Hey Pedro, she's staying standard. Floors have been repaired,weren't too bad. Sills are coming off. Few bad repairs underneath, but all in all, fairly clean.
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2013, 08:19:59 PM »

Sills off, LH inner & outer due to shoddy repairs. RH sill complete with mouse nests.

Some nice clean rear quarters.

fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2013, 09:16:29 PM »

well done.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 05, 2013, 10:12:18 PM »

I can't claim all the work, have a mate who has a knack with body work.(more of a tool fetcher at times, but learning all the time). I am a bit better on mechanicals & electrics.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2013, 10:17:13 AM »

G'day Dave, looking good, you may have already heard of this product but i thought i'd mention it just in case, you can get a rust converter that leaves a paint/plastic coating on top once it drys so things don't go rusty again after, it's great for getting into those fiddly bits that are hard to get to as you can put it into one of those cheap squirter bottles and spray into the holes and gaps.
  Pedro

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2013, 01:54:19 PM »

I could be smart but i won't. What is that clear paint called too? Not the rust convertor stuff, so u can see after blasting whats there (or not there).

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2013, 02:33:39 PM »

I could be smart but i won't.

Restraint noted Cheesy Cheesy

What is that clear paint called too? Not the rust convertor stuff, so u can see after blasting whats there (or not there).

Sorry Deano but i wouldn't have a clue, try putting it in the help wanted section somebody will know.
  Pedro

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2013, 03:19:17 PM »

G'day Dave, looking good, you may have already heard of this product but i thought i'd mention it just in case, you can get a rust converter that leaves a paint/plastic coating on top once it drys so things don't go rusty again after, it's great for getting into those fiddly bits that are hard to get to as you can put it into one of those cheap squirter bottles and spray into the holes and gaps.
  Pedro

Pedro, I was gunna say i use some of that s&^t too, its called primer  Cheesy

Deano

pedro
qld-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2013, 03:28:22 PM »

Methinks you misunderstand me there Deano, the product i'm talking about is called "Ferropro rust converter with plastic base" and it actually converts rust back into metal, the beauty of this one is it dries with a plastic coating on top that you can then primer over  Smiley
    Pedro

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2013, 04:33:12 PM »

Sounds good. I asked my repco guy about this new clear protectant paint that still shows what visible underneath and he snapped at me and said "who cares what is underneath if it has been blasted", but it totally makes sense with all these guys doing soda cos you get to see where the possible fillers are that normal undercoat hides. I think i have used that pedro, does it go a hazy white colour?

Deano

FC Dave

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2013, 07:51:12 PM »

Body is undercoated now. Black under floor & inside floor.

Diff will go back in this week. Fill plug was cross threaded & a coarse thread plug screwed in. That is all fixed, just waiting in spring rubbers.
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2013, 08:18:10 PM »

Lots of progress Dave. Looking good.

Regards

Wayne b
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...