FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 30, 2024, 02:48:56 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 59v6  (Read 5572 times)
sgo

View Profile WWW
« on: May 17, 2003, 06:22:11 PM »

I've just discoverd it's easier to finish your car in cyber-space and the modifications are cheaper to do as well!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2004, 06:08:20 AM by sgo » Logged

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2003, 01:15:13 AM »

That's right.  And when you decide on a change of colour, it takes about 5 minutes and involves no spanners, broken trim clips or elbow grease!  You never discover rust under those pixels, and it's as quick down the quarter-mile as you can make the animated GIF...

Only problem: in cyberspace you can jump in it and drive it to the http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nats or the summernats.com.au but it's definitely not as satisfying as doing it in meat-space (and grease-space, for that matter!).  I suppose the site could email you a trophy!

Mods look cool. You'll be praised and scorned simultaneously for keeping the poo!

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2003, 08:15:08 AM »

I'm afraid different shades of Poo are all thats loaded into this cheap copy of photoshop, but it is the go!

HARKO
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2003, 09:19:23 AM »

Those tail lights look bitchin man  Cool Cool Cool
Now your up against my dilema, They look so good - I realy want em but very very very hard to achieve
Youve done this photoshop thingy before havent you ? Youre acin it up straight off the batt
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2003, 09:36:53 AM »

That headlight treatment is making it look like an early Mercedes ('60s I think).

The tail-lights might not be as hard as you think Harko, if the panel work can be done. I looked into getting some armrests reproduced in die-cast aluminium and the final product would only have been $40-50. Get a model made up in wood/bog/whatever and they can be cast. A good chrome plater should be able to fix up die-cast ally. But, then there's the lenses I suppose.

HARKO
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2003, 09:55:54 AM »

Good to know Stinky Ill stick that in my memory bank although I guess it will have disintegrated in the next week or so .
I was looking at an old Zephyr in Cooma last weekend which had a similar design maybe steal the lenses and develop some FC style surrounds in that fashion, Sounds pretty cool
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2003, 02:49:07 AM »

After doing those taillights I also began thinking that they would be cool in real life!
Could you cut and shut the frames and use two red lenses, perhaps with an extra horizontal chrome strip to cover the join?
When someone goes ahead with it, put me down for a pair!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: