FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 03:57:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: window regulator for drivers door  (Read 1441 times)
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2012, 11:49:03 PM »

Looking for replacement window winding regulator to fit drivers door

I've worn out another one  Roll Eyes
The teeth are razor sharp pointy things and keep slipping and jamming so you can't move the window. Angry I've resorted to driving my wagon around with the door panel off so I can juggle bits around to move the window !

Is it possible to modify the regulators from any of the other doors  Huh
If it is.. could somebody post instructions (with pictures would be good ) as I would have to get someone else to do the modification for me (unless you can do it with one bent screwdriver and a hammer with a loose head...  I'm not much of a DIY type )

I have replaced the drivers door unit 3 times now. But using 2nd hand ones, they really don't last very long on my daily driver.

Does anybody produce a replacement one
Or can a new one from a different model car be used ?

Ta
surferboy
 Cool Cool Cool 

cruisin's great with a 58
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 05:35:34 AM »

New runners and felt strips put major strain on the old winders.
I would not think there is a stronger unit than an old holden unit.
Some have done electric conversions but I think they too will start breaking teeth ect.

Why not pull one apart From a rear door and either make the arm longer or try get the gears from a rear as most have had a lot less use.
Also your channel alignments are a major contributing part I read the manual to help me work on getting it to slide up the channel smooth without a winder installed.
I used a piece of 3mm plastic and a hammer tapping the plastic into the channel to make sure the Bailey channels were set in properly.
I also used lynx deodorant with 'graphite' I know it sounds silly but as mentioned elsewhere this stuffs great for locks ect as well it goes on dry and lubricates.

Good luck
Pete

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: