FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 28, 2024, 09:01:35 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Ute Petrol tank  (Read 3170 times)
RichFC
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 19, 2012, 11:17:22 AM »

Gday Guys,
              I'm hoping to track down a rust and leak free FC Ute petrol tank !
I have two that are very banged up on the bottom and tops are like swiss cheese.
Im hoping someone out there may have a decent tank for sale or point me in the right direction.
Are there any repro ones available? Any good repairers in Sydney?

Any help would be much appreciated ! Rich.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2012, 11:48:15 AM »

Rich there is a guy that makes stainless steel ones in QLD just a little deeper......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
RichFC
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2012, 12:10:14 PM »

Thanks Mark, i did see those on oldholden.com !
Not sure what i will do yet, Ive still got alot of welding to do before i can even think about
installing a tank, but just wanted to throw the subject out there to get some handy hints
and/or some options early in the project.
Thank you for your prompt reply and i have saved info from oldholden.com for if or when needed.
Although i think they are a little pricey but im new to the game, maybe $900 is a fair price ?
Anyway its an option nevertheless !
Thanks again. Rich.
JOX515
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2012, 08:52:10 PM »

G'day Rich,

I bought one of the stainless tank a while back - fits like a glove, 60 litres instead of 40ish, and looks good as well.

Given the lack of good tanks out there, $900.00 is not too bad for a stainless one.  I will ask around down here as I have a couple of very clever mates when it comes to making that sort of stuff.

Cheers, Graeme
RichFC
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2012, 07:14:50 AM »

Thanks alot Graeme! Its good to have some options ! At this stage of the game theres nothing to screw the petrol tank to anyway ! lol
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: