FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:11:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE Ambulance  (Read 18764 times)
FE_225

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2003, 11:14:56 AM »

Hi Zulu
If you need a siren, there's one from the 60's on ebay at the moment.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2421431683&category=1256
Hope this helps
Cheers
Tony

Worried about fuel economy?....Then buy a push bike!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2003, 11:21:52 AM »

Slim, probably vey similar in construction as GMH would have started with an original bench and mofified from there as well.
Unfortunately the seat colour is not the same.
Garys van is Mesa Tan I believe whilst the PMG was a dark brown called Cordon Brown.
Ken
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2003, 10:34:00 PM »

Thanks ALEX , That picture is very helpful , and KEN , would the PMG seat also have been a modified bench, Or an actual Bucket seat. As Im thinking it would have only had seating for one person, by the few pictures I have located. Im talking about a PMG van with entry from the passenger side only . Drivers door is rendered to be unopenable ! Any help is really appreciated .

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2003, 10:15:57 AM »

Cant see how GMH would have fitted a bucket seat from the factory as there were none in production at the time
They would have been only able to use what they would have in the factory.
Hence a modified bench

Ken
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 11, 2003, 10:21:43 AM »

Here's another pic of that Ambulance from Canberra.

I have a soft spot for old Holden's (as we all do) but it's always great to see one of these "rare" ones go to a good home in the hope of getting a new lease on life.... I guess though, even your everyday garden variety FE or FC is still "rareish", but you know what I mean....  Ambulances, army cars, vans and taxis etc....
Good luck with the restoration... looking forward to progress shots on that retoration.... Grin

Cheers...
Les...

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 11, 2003, 03:07:40 PM »

Thanks for the pics Les, won't be starting resto on my Ambo for at least 18 months as I am busy with my 219 FC wagon resto.
However I will still be collecting data & bits for the ambo over this period.
A member recently alerted me to a period siren on Ebay, which I was lucky? enough to win. Roll Eyes
Also a NZ member is in touch with me re a suitable auto fire extinguisher & possibly some lights.
Regards, Gary  
customFC
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 12, 2003, 11:40:44 AM »

Hey Les.
Thanks for the pics. They are absolutely fantastic. Where did you find them? Any more?
Gary.
Hope you find all you need for that resto. I can't wait to see it complete and on a club run. Need any help......you know where to find me.

Now Slim......
We want to see pics of that PMG van that you have. That car sounds equally as interesting as Gary's Ambo. Bring 'em on dude.
Regards
Alex.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2003, 11:45:52 AM by custom_fc » Logged

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2003, 06:13:58 AM »

G'day Alex...
Glad you liked the pics.... I've got a few more up my sleeve, but no more ambulance ones unfortunately.... Sad

As for where I got 'em.... they were just sitting in various files at work .... I always reckon they should be shown and shared with people who would appreciate them rather than leaving them sitting in a folder doin' nothing....  Though I'm guessing all the really good ones have been lifted over the years (which is a shame) because there isn't as many left as there should be.... Most of the ones I've got access to are, what you'd call generic shots, that just happen to have a Holden or two in 'em, and only a few of those have FEs and FCs in 'em. I usually watch out for the ones with grey motor models in them and as you would know, I use them regularly in the SSEHCC newsletter. That's just my little way of getting them "out there" Wink

Cheers
Les....

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2003, 10:51:28 AM »

Hey Les.....we appreciate seeing them.
Now I saw what you did with that FC van shot, and the parking station shot, so here's a request....
Could you please crop the above pic so that we only have the FE/FC in shot, and nice and big.....then a close up of the interior to see how it is fitted out......then I want to see the odometer reading....you get the picture.
thanks again.
Regards
Alex

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2003, 12:47:07 PM »

Hey Alex...
Now there's a challenge.... I'll see what I can do....
Cheers...

Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2003, 05:36:00 AM »

Hey Alex...
Here it is... may not be as clear as I would like.... I had already cropped the pic in a little... this is the original...

... and here's the close up...

There you go... it even looks like it could be an FE. I think that's the horn ring I can see up front.... sorry the speedo is a bit obscured.. Tongue

Cheers
Les....

customFC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 15, 2003, 12:05:25 PM »

Hey les.
Thanks for both new versions of the pic.
Does that odometer end with a 5 or a 6?  Grin
Regards
Alex

RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2003, 01:52:19 AM »

I'd really like to think it was an FE, but with the turn of the wheels you could be looking at the bottom of the horn-ring there.

The die-cast on the guard looks like a spear to me, not Holden script.

I think it's an FC, more's the pity.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2003, 04:09:19 AM »

Hey RET....
I'm not so sure about the turn of the wheel... I reckon I would have to turn my steeling wheel a bit further than that to get the bottom of it that far around.... not sure though! What you did though, is make me go back and rescan the other pic I had to see if I could get a better look.... you can see the wheel a bit clearer...

I even left the edge on to show that's how far the pic goes across... here it is ever closer.... you can almost make out the wheel centre too...

Still can't quite see the speedo clearly Alex, but I think it's a 6... Tongue

Cheers
Les...

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2003, 05:12:21 AM »

Les,

I reckon those wheels are well on their way to hitting lock.

Can you get that close on the back door trims to see any detail?  If you can make out the basket-weave pattern at all then it's an FC.  If it's completely smooth then it's an FE.  Bit dark in there tho...  Maybe you can get that close on the front guard spear?

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Hewart
nsw-club

Holden on forever...

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2003, 06:51:34 AM »

Hey RET..
I had another look at the photos and scans, but it's too washed.... unfortunately that's about as far as I can go.... sorry 'bout that...!!

Cheers...
Les

4hammers
tas-club
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2003, 11:24:53 AM »

Hi all.
If you look really hard at the first photo, then look at the second photo & compare the third photo & check out the reflection in the window of the building in the fourth photo, you may be able to se the rego stcker in the fifth photo & by that time you may have realised it is near frigging impossible to see anything that identifies it as an FE or an FC!!?? Shocked Shocked Shocked
But, like RET said, the trim on the front gaurd tells me it is an FC.
RJ

WTB..FE FC Commercial...Stock plz
FCwagon
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2003, 07:47:50 PM »

Bottom tailgate seals were different on FE & FC. FE had a divided twin seal FC had a much wider single cupped shape seal -  this one looks like FC

Red & white is alright
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2003, 11:40:35 PM »

Leigh's wright on the ball it's a FC Station Sedan. Tailgate seal was different I should know l have a 219 Station Sedan.
       Cheers Tony Galea.
andykotzur

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 22, 2003, 09:17:58 AM »

Garry
Just for interest sake I remember your ambo from about 25 years ago. It was in much better nick then and was still being used to haul stuff around for the machinery yard.  I think my brother and I even tried to buy it , but being 13 and 14 years old we had to settle for a unregistered  FC ute for 200 dollars.
I ts a pitty someone had a good pick  at all the goodies off the ambo.  I was in the mistaken belief that a bloke had got it and added a rear left door and a tailgate to it ,so its good to see it ,still alive.
I`ve also got a FC sedan sold new from the same town. Smiley
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: