FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 05:10:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My first fe  (Read 39035 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 01, 2013, 07:13:39 PM »

Any updates Gary?

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Gary C
wa-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 07, 2013, 09:18:32 AM »

I tinted the primer/filler

final colour on door

Gary
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 07, 2013, 09:20:14 AM »

Gary

The colour looks great.

Keep the photos coming.

Cheers

Craig D
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2013, 12:54:33 PM »

Looks tough with the cage. I suppose whens are next  Huh

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 26, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »

Gary
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2013, 12:17:14 PM »

Hey Gary is that you on Gumtree in WA looking for bumper bars I have a front and back but they might need a bit of work.

Regards
Neil H
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 28, 2013, 08:34:49 PM »

Neil, that is me on gumtree looking for bumpers.
I would love to have a look at what you have.
Pm me your phone no or give me a call.
0439 398 397

Thanks, Gary
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2013, 04:05:37 PM »

PM sent Gary with my number give me a buzz

Regards
Neil H
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 29, 2013, 07:16:49 PM »

Anything happening

Deano

GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2013, 07:41:36 PM »

Watching this build with interest, can't wait to see it on the track. Those colours are very similar to John and Alex's Miss Behaving.
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2013, 08:16:50 PM »

Yeah I know, I tried to find a colour that would be bright like a race car should but different to all the fe fc race cars in existence.
I didnt want red, dark blue,white ,orange or black so I thought about monaro verado green with gold stripes and even had that colour approved by the WA historic touring car club scrutineer but I wasnt confident with 2 pack so I wandered down to the paint place and said yeah I like that acrylic lacquer bright blue.
I also always wanted a white engine bay, soon as I put the two together I realized shit this is very familiar,but it was too late.
Sorry Alex but it was unintentional.
Anyway the engine is running and sounds very good  I have started on the body trim and have received my door trims and headliner, thanks to Stinky.
So maybe will have it looking complete in the next 2 weeks but then its back to Broome till the end of October so no more progress until I return.

Gary.

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2013, 09:32:24 PM »

I appreciate the detail that has gone into the engine bay. Looks great. Wink

Deano

FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2013, 01:40:03 PM »

Hi Gary;
Did you end up getting your bumper bars sorted I did send you my number but then realised you must have been away.

Regards
Neil H
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2013, 07:20:13 PM »

Hi Neil, I have been away but collecting bits and pieces on ebay but Iam still short of bumper ends both front and rear and over riders.
Sorry I missed your call/message but I would still like to have a look at what you have if possible.

Gary
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 01, 2013, 10:46:24 AM »

No Worries give me a call on 0423 827 973

Regards
Neil H
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2013, 02:44:02 PM »

Don't wish to stick my nose in where it don't belong but....I have a similar swaybar on the back of my  van and it works really well but I have saddled [welded mounts] it to the housing because I found that the 'U' bolts allow the mounts to move under load and I was worried about the steel brake line being broken or if it twists and doesn't return the same on both sides it could sit the car up on one side. That said the build looks great. 
Gary C
wa-club

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2013, 03:31:22 PM »

Thanks Hsv-001 point taken. Once I put my wheels on and  check ride height I will probably remove diff to reset springs again and will do something permanent as far as the bracket is concerned and add tramp rod points maybe. Knowing where to position the fixture permanent to the housing will probably take a bit of trial and error though as the tension will change when you shift the bracket inwards or outwards of centre. At the moment I can play around with it until Im happy (if ever).

Gary.
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2013, 08:54:42 AM »

The only reason I noticed it was because its the same as mine [only I faced mine forward] and just recently broke a shocky mounting stud from the "U" bolt plate .The pressure placed on the rear axle when I lifted only one side of the car to remove the plate would not allow me to recentre the axle back over the spring centre bolt when I was replacing the plate [laziness].I had to put chassis stands under and disassemble and reinstall the entire rearend. Like I said on other posts I have been involved with repair and modification of old holdens [FE FC are my favourites] for more than 40 years so if you need any help advice or just ideas it not a problem.Cheers
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 03, 2013, 09:23:33 AM »

Not being critical here but have you thought maybe facing it towards the front is what is causing your problems hsv-001, as i recall the instructions show them mounted to the rear, i had mine that way and never had any problems with it moving or anything and we lived on windy country roads at the time where if a car came the other way you had to get off into the dirt and potholes, it made a huge difference to how the car handled though there was no body roll at all.
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
hsv-001

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 03, 2013, 02:49:04 PM »

As I have explained somewhere before this car was a one owner .It had been crashed and stored for many years prior to which it was an old mans holiday[caravan] tow vehicle. It was the mid 80's when I got it. From memory it had 8 leaves of spring plus an override on each rear so body roll was never an issue. I also recall having 4 other old holdens at that time so I am not certain where the swaybar came from so as usual no instructions. As red motor on HR frontends were only just legalized in QLD and front and rear swaybars were mandatory I put it on . Thanks for the heads up on the instructions though .I often wondered which way it was designed to go but as there are no clearance problems and I reason that mounting the leverage points closer to  the front of the spring therefore more like a body mounted swaybar could give greater stability. As usual I could be wrong or maybe it makes no difference. Anyway I still believe the mounts could be welded to the axle. I used rhs and captured nuts prior to welding so as to use original rubbers. When locating the rear axle it is important to position saddle rubbers correctly over the centre bolts so no , undo and redo everything is the correct way to do this.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: