FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 05:21:43 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cast Headers?  (Read 13781 times)
Oggz

View Profile
« on: July 23, 2012, 09:58:00 PM »

Can anyone shed some light on what brand these might be? Have googled and searched forums but have come up with nothing.

Cheers
Jemahl
john253a

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 12:13:43 AM »

there similar to the jack myers, other then that, they look like speco,

Good + Fast = Not Cheap
Cheap + Fast = Not Good
Good + Cheap = Not Fast
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2012, 05:08:43 AM »

Very nice tho i like em a lot.

GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2012, 09:17:15 PM »

they look like the new Aussie Speed ones which also look like the Klening ones
fe 215

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2012, 09:36:18 PM »

i have a twin carb speco manifold with similar castings,maybe speco at a guess but its only that.
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2012, 09:40:18 PM »

I have not seen them before.
The Jack Myers, Lanspeed, Speco, Aussiespeed and Dawes all have their name cast into the header. The Kleinig headers have no name, and the lines are more free flowing and cast into the header rather than ribs like those you have.
They are likely a limited run /low volume brand, perhaps a project job by a foundry employee.
The shape is similar to Speco, and the ribs are similar to Lanspeed.
Hopefully by telling you what they are not, will help discover what they are!

Regards
Alex

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2012, 11:15:18 PM »

Here is a link to the AussieSpeed headers, similar, but not the same

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&item=370551714360&nma=true&rt=nc&si=7x6UcHkBLuvi5g8Qrp%252Bi0M%252FJLmA%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

Gary
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2012, 11:30:57 PM »

These maybe them, or similar, I have them saved as LYN HEADERS, but more than likley LYNX HEADERS

Here are a pair of early Kleinig Headers

And the Jack Meyers

Gary
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2012, 12:35:42 AM »

Thanks for the replies guys, these are gonna be a mystery to figure I think, there are no castings, they are definitely not new, there is some damage which tells me they have been well used, they look to be coated with some kind of brush on coating which is starting to show some very small pricks off rust showing through. Maybe the casting name is underneath. will have a much closer look tomorrow and see if i can spot anything else.

Cheers
GreyFC

Model: other Holden

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2016, 01:35:54 PM »

These maybe them, or similar, I have them saved as LYN HEADERS, but more than likley LYNX HEADERS

Gary

They are indeed LYN headers ( not Lynx ).  Here are some pictures of a LYN Tappet cover:

Harv
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2016, 01:53:47 PM »

That was an old post Paul  Grin.

At the bottom of the photo below is a set of Lyn cast iron four-into-two exhaust headers to suit Holden grey motor. These headers have a matching Lyn-branded rocker cover and show good port size. John Brown purchased these headers at a Footscray (VIC) swapmeet in the mid 1990's. The rocker cover is shown in the centre of the second photo.

[URL=http://s929.photobucket.com/user/V8EKwagon/media/6_zpsfi89url5.jpg.html][/URL

[URL=http://s929.photobucket.com/user/V8EKwagon/media/Rocker%20Covers%201.9_zpsnbbbgh8e.jpg.html][/URL

Cheers,
Harv
GreyFC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2016, 03:32:53 PM »

That was an old post Paul  Grin.

At the bottom of the photo below is a set of Lyn cast iron four-into-two exhaust headers to suit Holden grey motor. These headers have a matching Lyn-branded rocker cover and show good port size. John Brown purchased these headers at a Footscray (VIC) swapmeet in the mid 1990's. The rocker cover is shown in the centre of the second photo.

Cheers,
Harv

I bet that was the Chevy club swapmeet in Footscray.  I'd have been there with dad I would have been between 10 and 18 years old.  Those swaps were where the market gardeners sold fruit and veg, I can still remember the smell.

GreyFC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2016, 03:52:31 PM »

vmx-mxr

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2016, 10:30:21 AM »

The other one (not the LYN) looks like early SPECO which had the brand cast in sunken font, unlike the later ones with SPECO emblazened in raised font.
I have a set of the early specos that came as a set with long header pipes and two into one muffler.
GreyFC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2016, 07:47:53 PM »

The other one (not the LYN) looks like early SPECO which had the brand cast in sunken font, unlike the later ones with SPECO emblazened in raised font.
I have a set of the early specos that came as a set with long header pipes and two into one muffler.

I thought it was the other way round.  Learn t something new.  The other one is back one for the set with the big Speco lettering popping out.  I guy I know bought that one ( speco ) the Lyn one is still for sale.

Are your Speco ones the one with just basically  "SPECO" stamp with L and R on the respective header?  Can you post a pic?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: