FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 26, 2024, 11:51:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Repro outer Sills  (Read 5860 times)
FC_NUT

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: June 19, 2012, 11:33:03 PM »

Hi all,

Could anyone confirm for me the best reproduction outer sills on the market?Huh

The guy from Queensland (Craig) I hear has great sharp profile, not concerned about the ends.

Not interested in any Rares Items either.

Any info would be much appreciated

Daimien

Daimien,   

Carrum Victoria
Ole

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2012, 08:23:51 AM »

Hi Daimien,
I used Craig Vane's sill panels and found them to be of good quality. The profile was accurate and the guage of the metal was good. My only concern was that one panel was slightly larger than the other. When they arrived packaged up one sill fitted neatly over the other so it was a couple of mm's larger than the other. It created a bit more work to fit but it wasn't impossible to rectify. They were alot cheaper than Rare Spare's as well.

Adelaide SA
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2012, 09:58:14 AM »

I'm currently fitting retro rods outer sills, I think they're a good product, and can be made to fit well.

I know you're not interested in the ends or Rare Spares product, however if you can find some Rare Spares repros it may be worthwhile as it takes a fair amount of effort to fabricate sill ends replicating the factory finish.

Any reproduction panel will require some degree of effort to make it blend in with factory lines.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2012, 10:50:20 AM »

pictures please Ed
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
fink fc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2012, 11:03:18 AM »

Put Craig Vane ones on my van  no probs,your welcome to come checkem out anytime.
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2012, 12:06:59 PM »

Was just looking at the Craig Vane ones that are on the ute... The fabricator explained that because they are straight the front of the sill sits in slightly needing and adjustment at the door and the original sill has a constant curve that the repo's don't so basically you will have a straight edge to the end of the door and then will need to be shaped as the sill goes to the rear wheelwell. aal my photos are under 365 days.. if you want to see what i mean.

Cheers
JB

Phone +64 223509263
Ed
Guru

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2012, 02:01:10 PM »

here are some retro rods sills fitted to an FB I prepared earlier.  Haven't got any pics of the current job, but it is the same panel supplier.

the "curvature" is obtained how JB describes, leaving parts of the old sill as reference points allows you to get it as close as possible.

hope this helps.

Ed

in the shed
FC_NUT

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 01:04:22 AM »

Thanks guy's,

As usual a great response to my question and a lot of help.

Cheers

Daimien,   

Carrum Victoria
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: