FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:31:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: The one that got away...  (Read 32667 times)
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2013, 06:53:01 PM »

Hi Oggz
Don't give up on her mate, even if you put it on the back burner, sooner or later you will find someone to help you out.

I even got my grandaughter who hounded me to help today, cost me 5 bucks.

mate, that is priceless.

Yeah have been getting inspiration from some of the build threads and thinking, "shit, if these guys can do that in the back shed over 5 years, so can i!".

Have been looking at welders online alread, looks like I may just buy one and teach myself to weld, then in the end its only my time and a little bit of set up cash...I think I can swing that past the missus...

but first things first, must get HR on the road first before I start down this path
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2013, 07:51:02 PM »
+1

Unfortunately no progress to report other than I found someone who thinks they can fix my rust for about $1k, which is better than "how longs a piece of string"

and because I have had a distraction which today is finally on the road! whoo!

Here she is

my boy helped me drive it in the garage this arvo  Grin reminded me of when I did the same thing on my dads knee in the old holden ute we had when I was a boy(cant remember what it was, have mom digging for old photos of it)
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2013, 10:49:53 PM »

Redo the photo in sepia...
See if you can recreate you as a child

Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2013, 07:23:10 PM »

Really nice ute Jamahl
Those are precious memories.
My two girls 17 and 16 just think I'm an idiot Tongue
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 11:16:28 PM »

Really nice ute Jamahl
Those are precious memories.
My two girls 17 and 16 just think I'm an idiot Tongue
Nick

Thanks Nick, I think all kids that age think their parents are idiots...
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 29, 2016, 03:45:26 PM »

Well, this has been a while.

Seats out, trim off, door off, guard off. Have given up trying to get last screw out of the drivers door. time to get it out of the garage to someone who can fix the cancer...

pics when i can figure out how to post them again  Grin

Oggz

camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 29, 2016, 05:00:36 PM »

I posted this hints and tips a little while ago...   might be helpful Posting pictures using IMGUR,
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2016, 08:08:03 PM »

Small progress report, saw Patch up on a hoist today with bits cut out for repairs to be done. I had the astonished comment from the man doing the repairs that he hadn't seen one with so much original paneling in a very long time, lots of surface rust which needs to be dealt with, but he was pretty surprised at how good she looked from below...  Wink

My first time seeing her up so high as well, showed me just how much more work is to be done, so much surface to be cleaned down and sealed. Rear gearbox and selector seals need to be replaced, diff gasket leaking, all brake cylinders need to be re done, again. seal over the clutch slave cylinder looked cracked, engine mounts and front rigger rubbers look original, need replacing.

Shes taken a good ole knock in the front right corner at some stage, but looks like someone with decent hammer skills has put her right again, means those panels line up a little less then even crappy factory fit. But I can live with that, gives character.

Should have her home again in a couple of weeks, the goal of driving her over xmass hols might actually be attainable.

Cheers
Oggz
camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 23, 2016, 12:16:40 PM »

Awesome progress Oggz..   Great goal for our own little Christmas present  Grin  hope you wrap it up
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2016, 05:44:59 PM »

Well, Cheap is as cheap gets, got Patch home after some rust repairs, looks like I will have to repair the repairs... oh well, progress is progress.

Oggz
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2016, 05:44:10 PM »

show us!

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2016, 11:01:29 AM »

Hi Oggz;
Mate I cant see any of your pictures and I am interested to see what has gone on any idea what has happened to them.

Regards
Neil H
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2016, 03:46:46 PM »

Hi Oggz;
Mate I cant see any of your pictures and I am interested to see what has gone on any idea what has happened to them.

Regards
Neil H

Probably who ever i used to host the pics deleting my account because of inactivity, I'll see if can track it down and get that back up
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 11, 2016, 07:08:14 PM »

Well, naff all progress lately, new floor in the house is priority... Undecided anyway, got a couple of hours this afternoon, test fitted new carb set up, stock accelerator linkage is in the way...Pulled the clutch master that dumped its load all over the floor pan, pitted to hell the whole way down, to re-sleeve or not to re-sleeve and buy a fresh unit... finally pulled the stock fuel pump... the red motor pump I have been saving for years, finally gone missing... passenger side doors off too, I can now dig out those old crappy seals.

Trimmer bro picked up the seats, at least MY arse will be comfortable when I get to drive Smiley

So in the end, some progress

Cheers
Oggz
Oggz

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2017, 05:17:01 PM »

OK, so some progress made, looks like my old photobucket account gone, all previous pics are MIA sorry.

here are some fresh ones

The dumping ground

still need to remake the back covers

Not sure if will need to take guards off or not probably will to fix the bottom corners

Waiting for seats to be redone, trimmer decided he needed a kidney transplant and to move his business...

More work?...(haha old gamers joke there)

Twin 1 1/4's to make her go
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: