FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:27:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Door lock problems  (Read 2215 times)
FBvisitor

Don't ya' just love an old Holden

View Profile
« on: April 17, 2003, 09:51:40 AM »

G'day all,

The drivers side door lock on my EK will not unlock if I lock the door by holding in the door handle. Its usually OK if I lock and unlock it with the key and if that doesn't work I'd just go around the other side.

Well today that happened and the passenger side door did the same bloody thing as well. I'm sure this would be a problem that someone here may have had as I assume its just a bit of general wear and tear in the locking mechanisms of these fine old beasts.

Anyone got any ideas???

Cheers, Jason.
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 10:02:19 PM »

Hi Jason,
I had similar troubles with door locks on both my FC and the FB. The FC was due to lack of use and was easily rectified by spraying the entire mechanism with loads of WD40. It softens the old dried out grease & allows everything to move properly. You just need to work the lock every which way while it's wet.
The FB lock problem was a bit different because that trick only fixed part of the problem I had. The doors either wouldn't lock or unlock with the key and I had to get a locksmith to cut a key to the number on the lock. The hey-presto the new key worked in every lock perfectly.
hope this is usefull for you.
Leigh

Red & white is alright
FBvisitor

Don't ya' just love an old Holden

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2003, 11:21:10 AM »

Thanks Leigh,

I pulled the door trims off the other week and went berko with the crc. Problem now fixed.

Cheers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: