FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 06, 2024, 05:20:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Please comment on this colour preference  (Read 5365 times)
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« on: December 18, 2011, 11:19:13 PM »

I want opinions as I am stuck but am about to start painting so need to know the base coat and primer colours etc.

Do you prefer this colour scheme for a themed car

or this, if you had to choose, which one and why? So an fc with black at bottom and white roof.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2011, 11:21:44 PM »

my taxi has the original black right up to windscreen. Id probably prefer to have the vent bits white, and white up to the chrome like normal but this one of mine def only had a white roof with the stripes on roof like the fe's here. There were lots of variations. My problem with the first one is it doesnt make the chrome stand out.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 07:53:47 AM »

Deano, if you want it be as it was then use the original paint scheme the taxi co-op used, if it's the 2nd one then i'd paint it the same ,even down to the black stripe on the roof.
Regards Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2011, 09:05:35 AM »

I spoke to one of the last owner of the taxi service last week. He said he doesn't know of any surviving taxis of that era and couldn't put me onto anyone with a later car either. He told me it would be very rare to find a taxi with all the docs that I have. Yes the black strip on roof was used.

Deano

fe-ambo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2011, 09:14:43 AM »

I would paint as it back to the original colour scheme as the company had it.

Cant wait to see a few photos of it with some colour on it.

Cheers
Paul

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2011, 10:00:21 AM »

I 100% agree - if it was my car it would go back EXACTLY as it was - the cars in the photo also have dots below the glass as well as the stripe on the roof. Looks like the blue and white cab company trax model.

Ken
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2011, 03:01:14 PM »

Maybe you could try some of the old archives from papers or see if anybody can find any more photos of the cabs, but like Ken and the others have said bring it back to how it looked back then dots and all. You have a peice of history with you so to have it back the way it was would be fantastic, not only for you but for everyone else who can remember back that far. Also the fact that it is one of the smaller cab cos. it is even more rare, to have found a car like this with all the papers would only come along once in a life time, mate you are truely blessed.
Jim

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2011, 03:12:19 PM »

and paid bugger all for it, have a look at the FE "breton blue" car and I paid the same for this one! This had a full RHS underbody refurbish including subrame legs!

Deano

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2011, 03:20:04 PM »

I'LL be posting some more shots of mine soon, have a look at the front end I took off a $600 doner car (ex taxi as well) 2 &1/2 year old reco sports motor, door handle scratch plates and a day night interior mirror.
Jim

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2011, 12:01:41 AM »

Yep, original gets my vote.
If you go the other way, you may as well start with any old FC.
Preserve a bit of history, and it might be worth more down the track also.
Why not add a poll to this topic.
Regards
Alex

DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2011, 01:18:35 PM »

Deano, keep it original. change it & you will probably regret it further down the track.

Dean.
Dave Lakin (Davo Lako)

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2011, 02:44:10 PM »

Original for mine for what it's worth ...

How about this B&W Signet FE taxi ??

When I was a young man I spent most of my money on cars , beer and women (in that order) ... the rest ... I just wasted !

Port Macquarie NSW
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2011, 04:24:15 PM »

Mine doestnt have dots as its original paint prior to stripping but previous owner of company said dots were phased out in 60s but all had stripe on roof

Deano

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2011, 01:59:32 PM »

+1 for Alex's comments. It's your car, but it would be a shame to not honour the history the car has.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: