FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 12:32:07 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Instrument panel removal  (Read 2232 times)
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« on: April 04, 2003, 09:11:45 AM »

Hi LAdies & Gents

Just a quick question, I am inthe middle of removing the instrument panel. I have managed to disconnect every thing but the wiper switch.

Could someone please tell me the best way of doing this, as I have read through my manual and can not find the bit that says how you do it.

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2003, 09:26:00 AM »

Jim - small screw on the side of the knob allows u to remove it. Then undo the chrome retainer on the front allowing the switch to come out to the rear.

Ken
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2003, 07:12:29 AM »

Thanks Ken.

How simple was that. Now am having difficulty removing ignition barrel. I can not get it into the lock positon so am having a spot of bother. I have a full replacement set of locks and the new ignition lock I have works great and was easy to remove the barrel.

Do you have any hints or should I seek out a locksmith.

Any body else please feel free to give a novice a helping hand.

Cheers Jim

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2003, 09:28:01 AM »

You must have the key to remove the ignition correctly.
The switch will only go to the lock position with the key inserted, then push a hairpin into the release hole and turn lock to the left and the barrel will pop out.
If you dont have a key you will have to force the screw on ring over the lock barrel.

Ken
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2003, 11:35:21 AM »

Hi Again Ken

I have a key and have done done exactly what you described (same as the manual). It would seem either the lock is stuffed, key is to worn as I can not get it to the lock position. I thought I was doing something wrong so tried it on my new switch and it came apart first pop.

I will give it another go, if it does not work I will resort to your second method.

Thanks again

Cheers Jim

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: