FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 07:54:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My FC Called the FireKraka  (Read 12827 times)
FireKraka

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: October 06, 2011, 01:56:17 PM »

Hi Everyone, I have been looking at the forum for some time now and thought it was about time I showed my own car. It is still a work in progress and has been for some time but hopefully I will be able to finish it soon. A friend of mine named it the FireKraka, at the time it was running a very hot 208 (bored & stroked 186) and said it was a FireKraka because it was Small, Red and went off with a bang so the name stuck.
I love the forum and have found so much information that has helped me with my own car so please keep the info coming.

(have been trying to upload a picture of my car but not having any luck at the moment so will try again later)

Regards
NeilH
« Last Edit: October 06, 2011, 02:02:32 PM by FireKraka » Logged
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2011, 02:47:33 PM »

Stiil can't get imgur to work it keeps locking up, anybody able to help Huh Angry?

Regards
NeilH
Not Happy Jan
nsw-club

Aussie adventure

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2011, 06:19:00 PM »

Neil
welcome to the forum
See RET's post in general board . should give you a clue.
Nick

You can never have too many!
Port Macquarie NSW
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2011, 11:02:02 PM »

Welcoem to the forum Neil.

Looking forward to seeing the pics.

R

Craig D
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2011, 11:44:06 PM »

Hope this one works guys
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2011, 02:56:56 PM »

I thought I would add some more info about my car.

I purchased the car from a guy in the Blue Mountains back in 1996 it was already painted in the red and white scheme as seen in the picture and had a new interior. It had the grey motor and column shift still as well however the electrics were a mess and the engine and diff had a lot of oil leaks.

I joined the NSW club after I got it back on the road and went on a couple of runs with the club in that time.

I came across a warm 186 and ended up fitting it and a HR disc break front end before driving the car to Perth when I moved over early 1998, the car won the readers car pack in the January 2000 edition of Streetmachine in a picture with a friends green FB.

I ended up blowing up the gearbox at one stage and then started the long drawn out project of fitting a series 2 3800 V6 (started in 2001) with narrowed Commodore diff and all of the usual things that I think the forum has discussed, it has been a long winded road but I think I can see light at the end of the tunnel (just hope it isn't a train coming the other way).

I am still struggling to complete the fuel system, wiring and a couple of other things, I probably should have put my thread in the project cars.

Will post some more pictures when I get a chance.

Regards Neil H
FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2011, 04:09:28 PM »

I have a question guys.

I put the cars details into the website that tells you all about your car and I find that the body was built in Sydney but the front end has a B (Brisbane) at the end of it.

What does this mean, does it mean that the front end has been replaced?Huh The original engine number also told me that the engine was FB/EK. Should the front end have the same number as the body.

Regards

Neil H
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2011, 08:21:50 PM »

No- all cars assembled in Brisbane, hade the body made in Sydney - There was no manufacturing plant in Brisbane, just an assembly plant. Your engine must have been changed somewhere along the years.

Ken
Siggs

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2011, 06:31:15 PM »

Nice looking car  Cool
camxsmith

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2018, 09:27:15 PM »

Hey Neil    Do you have more pictures of your car on the forum some where.Huh?

Would love to see more of it ?   Even any of your build 

Cam

FireKraka

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2018, 10:56:36 PM »

Hi Cam there are photos in the "completed cars" section of some things but I started posting on the forum a long time after I started the build.
I have a lot of photos mainly later in the build but if there is something particular that you would like to know then just let me know mate.
I'm currently building a V6 EK Ute and have a lot more of the early stages of build if you need to see anything in particular.
Thanks for your interest.
Regard
Neil
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: