FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 12:05:06 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: My FC Rebuild  (Read 215165 times)
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 16, 2012, 01:00:24 PM »

OOOPS!!!!!! forgot the photos

Till next time, Jim

on the seventh day: God Made Holden
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 16, 2012, 05:25:05 PM »

Plenty of Patience there Jim. Hopefully you can get more time and knock it over.

Regards

Wayne b

MAF
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 08, 2012, 01:55:18 PM »

Keep up the great work,  some great reference pictures for future builds
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 09, 2012, 07:46:04 PM »

How is the work going Jim? Hopefully you can get some time for your car.

Regards

Wayne b
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 11, 2012, 07:09:27 AM »

MAF, thats what the forum is about, I've looked back on other builds to see if I can see what needs to be done, so hopefully my site will do the same for someone else.
Wayne, I've still been flat out with work and home projects but I have been trying to do some here and there. A mate has given me a air stepping tool so I can pu a lip around the rust panels in the rear floor. Just need some down time to finish cutting out the rear sections ready for the new panels. I wish I was in your position though, must feel great now that you are nearing the end.
Regards Jim

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 21, 2012, 06:14:39 PM »

Well finally I have had a chance to do a bit more on the old girl. The rear rust section has been welded in and I have masaged the inner sill into place.Also I have redone the seat belt mounting brackets in the "B" pillar and fitted the plates to the floors front and rear, as well as the parcel shelf. I haven't had a chance to take photos as yet, but will post them in the next few days.
Jim

Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 22, 2012, 07:06:40 PM »

Your like me, big gap between posts.

Hopefully a few of us will finish before Christmas.

Regards

Wayne b
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 22, 2012, 10:28:24 PM »

Hi Wayne, hope you get yours on the road by then. The way things are going it will be this time next year, but as I haven't given myself a deadline I'm not to worried although sooner rather than later would be great. I have also started on the outer sill so hopefully I'll have a few early days and get the left side finished. I should be home early tomorrow so I'll take some shots and post them, all going well.
Regards Jim

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 05, 2012, 08:47:03 AM »

Been a bit full on over the last week, so this is the first chance to download the photos.
rear rust section and sills

also did the seat belt plates and redid the "B" pillar plates

sorry this is a bit fuzzy but I made the lower plate oversize so it would fit over the jack support plate under the floor
to give it a lot more strength. Next step is to turn the car around and do the other side as there's not much room
between the car and the shelves. Then the front end and guards go back on so I can get the correct gap for the sill end caps.
Till later, Jim

zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2012, 01:22:18 PM »

Looks great so far Jim

Before you know it you'll have the wheels on

Gary
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2012, 11:56:27 PM »

Jim

As stated by many before your patience is inspiring.

A lot of work and it all looks fantastic.

Those inner sills are a work of art.

Look forward to more  updates.

Cheers

Craig D
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 04, 2013, 04:50:23 PM »

Back at it again, it's been a good while between posts but I have been getting a bit done now and then. The old girl has been turned around in the shed to gain room for the right side rebuild, pleased to report that the rear floor, inner & outer sills have now been fitted and I am in the middle of doing all the grinding and clean up. I will post some photos over the weekend if I get a chance. It is good to see some light at the end of the tunnel at last, hopefully with the cooler weather work will slow down a bit and give me a bit more time to finish of the repairs and get it ready for paint.
Regards Jim

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 04, 2013, 08:55:07 PM »

Nice Jim  just a thought  might be worth checking with your engineer  Huh ???This V6 FC I am building for MR FC's son the engineer made me put separate anchors for the center rear seat belt, it has buckets in front or he would have made me put separate anchors for the center seat belt in the front also when I quized him about every Holden ever made shared the seat belt anchors for the center belts he said that was not acceptable any more ......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 06, 2013, 12:53:56 PM »

Photos of progress to date. Cut out the cross braces and test fitted the door frames.

Then put the old doors back in place to check overall fit, happy with the outcome, a little massage hear and there and all will be good.

and after getting quotes for a recore on the radiator from $320-$450, I came across this on Ebay $339 delivered from Melbourne, new 3 core alloy real good fit,did'nt have to modify anything bolted straight in.

As I said last post, now it's all the clean up and smooth off the welds and tidy her up ready for paint.
Until next time, Jim

fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 10, 2013, 10:33:58 PM »

Last post I forgot one minor detail, I still had to weld in the front tie member!!. Turned the body upside down and refitted the front end, then fitted the tie member in place with the bolts,tech screwed it in place and measured up the rust repair sections both sides. I then took it all back off and fully welded the rust sections in and re-enforced the insides from the old re-enforcing plates out to the ends, cleaned it all up, metal preped it and then sprayed it with weld through primer. Replaced it back onto the floor  and plug welded it in place. I also found some rust in the rear transmission tunnel, so that had to be replaced (or will be). Ran out of time to take photos so I will post them in a few days.
Jim

FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 10, 2013, 11:36:37 PM »

Keep them updates coming Jim.

A lot of good work going into your build.

Cheers Craig D
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 12, 2013, 09:43:20 AM »

Big job Jim, some major reconstruction there, looks like you're on the home straight with it now though.
  Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
sexyfc

John greco
View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 09, 2013, 02:49:59 PM »

Hi guys im on the home straight now. Interior just about done. I'll try put some pics up.

Project started 16/01/08.
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 17, 2013, 05:03:15 PM »

Looking great!

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fcwrangler
nsw-club
Guru

JIM-- Gilead NSW

Jim Tuckwell
View Profile
« Reply #79 on: December 04, 2013, 04:38:16 PM »
+1

Time has passed by real quick and not much has been done due to work and home life, but I have been getting a bit done now and then. The body is ready to have the front and rear ends refitted so I can hang the doors and guards, to that end I am in the middle of fitting the electric windows and switches and all the internals so I have the wieght in the doors. Then comes the task of setting the doors and gapping them. Once this is done it will almost be time for paint.
The biggest problem I have at the moment is that I have detected a hernia in my groin and have to go in for an operation on the 18th December, out of action for 4-6 weeks, so plans to get a lot done over Christmas have been put on hold until I'm well enough to start bendig and squatting again.
I'll post some shots of the doors over the weekend, to show how I did the setup and the switch.
Regards Jim

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 17   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: