FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:38:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Headlining/Interior/Windlacing  (Read 3244 times)
stevo56

Built Not Bought!

View Profile
« on: April 16, 2003, 10:44:54 AM »

Maybe I should be in the repro area, but does anyone know if the orignal materials are available.
The headlining in the FE is absolutely perfect and beautiful. It's sort of embossed material.
The seats are also immaculate except for the tops that were exposed to the sun during it's driven life. (Cracked and brittle. Well actually just brittle until I touched it and now it's cracked)  Angry

The windlace is supposedly the same as the early Chevs. Fat and round with a sort of broken stripe thoughout.

The color is a red but I don't rememebr the code right now.

How'd you all go with yours or did you just customise?

Thanks, Steve
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2003, 09:30:28 AM »

Maybe I should be in the repro area, but does anyone know if the orignal materials are available.
The headlining in the FE is absolutely perfect and beautiful. It's sort of embossed material.
The seats are also immaculate except for the tops that were exposed to the sun during it's driven life. (Cracked and brittle. Well actually just brittle until I touched it and now it's cracked)  Angry
The windlace is supposedly the same as the early Chevs. Fat and round with a sort of broken stripe thoughout.

The color is a red but I don't rememebr the code right now.

How'd you all go with yours or did you just customise?

Thanks, Steve

Stevo
The windlace is available from Rare Spares, the orginial headling /seat materials are near impossible to find unless someone has a stock hidden away somewhere. Not available new anymore.
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
stevo56

Built Not Bought!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2003, 09:35:19 AM »

Thanks John M,
Much appreciated.
BTW, I have heard that Rare Spares has been taken into receivership. Nobody has confirmed that yet.
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2003, 09:38:50 AM »

I hope not, a valuable resource will be lost.
Was it just one outlet as I think they work on a francise system?
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Stevo Clayton2
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2003, 08:20:22 AM »

I heard that it was the head honcho's area, not just the  franchisee's.

HeY, it could be bullsheet! BUT I sincerely doubt it.
Think back, They would have to be the biggesst rip-off merchants that God ever put breath into.

Everything was so FN expensive for what you got.
AND it didn't seem to fit.
(A good example wa door rubbers. OK, I don't wanna start a yayaya dodaoda posting but they did have some crap stuff at exorbitant prices.)
If ya don't believe me, I bought some items and then needed more, and lo and behold "outta stock" so as a last resort I tried GMH and sure enough, they had shitloads at 1/3 the price.

Just one example.
craiga
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2003, 09:31:42 PM »

Steve,

RS fulfill a VERY valuable service for restorers/maintainers of early model holdens. If what you say is true (and I genuinely hope it's not) we will all be worse off.

I agree some parts can be quite expensive but I'm sure you understand the principals of supply and demand. There are also development costs to take into account, plus from experience I know it costs a lot of money to hold stock of slow moving items. If your local RS distributor was out of stock it would have only taken a couple of days for stuff to be sent from RS head office in Melbourne anyway. Have you ordered of the RS site on the web? I got a fair bit of stuff this way and delivery was always within 3 days, and no parts were backordered.

I just finished an 11 week rebuild/refurbishment of my FC and without the easy access to parts that RS and others like them provide (Spectrum, Harrisons etc) I would have NEVER achieved what I did. When was the last time you search for a NOS door rubber of door belt??? Go find NOS trim clips or a NOS dash surround!!!

I had some minor problems with the RS front door rubbers but with some slight modifications and some information from other club members I was able to get the rubbers to fit and work very well (I'll post a list of mod's and pictures soon).  All other parts purchased from them fitted very well and I am happy to commend them to anyone else rebuilding an FE or FC.

What stuff does a Holden dealer still stock for FE/FC? I'm sure we would all like to know so we can grab our cash and rush down to our nearest dealer to fill a shopping trolley Grin

Too bad you missed the display on Sunday, the rain was very intermittant, only two very short periods of drizzle on an otherwise great day.

Cheers,

Craig.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2003, 09:33:53 PM by craiga » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: