FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:21:57 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Old Holden Site  (Read 17712 times)
crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2007, 04:32:33 PM »

g'day all
that car is bloody ugly!!! Roll Eyes,and everone thought the hd was bad!

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »

i think all holdens are a in between of vauxhalls and chevs, the ef looks very vauxhall, it was so pommie looking i think that they had to can the project and throw the HD together, wich was hastilly designed and as a kid i was told the HD stood for "hastilly designed" by GM becuase holden stuffed up on the design for the model after the EH.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2007, 05:41:22 PM »

When i was a kid there was this show on tv with a man and a dog, think it was called simon townsends wonderwolrd and they explained the holden code thing on there, i wrote it down as then i used to sit infront of the tv drawing alot, I thought it was real cool and tried to use it in the playground but none of the other kids were that into it and didnt want to learn my code

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 09:57:41 PM »

The FX was styled in the USA as we all know and the FE was entirely designed by the Holden engineers in Australia although the body does look a little similar to the 52 Chev. Thereafter the designs were strongly influenced by the Americans once again with a heavy Chevrolet theme (1955 Chev for the FB/EK). The EJ was styled in Australia but the people at GM did not like it at all and it received a radical change to the front to bring it into line with "Current GM thinking". The EH was further refined by the Americans and this can be seen by the way the EH looks far more like a 1961 Chev than the EJ did.
The Australians began work on the EF with heavy OPEL influence whilst the US were working on the HD with Buick and Oldsmobile influence. (Early 60's Buick and Olds themes are very obvious in the frontal and taillight treatments). The EF was canned by the US as soon as they saw it and the HD was approved. Although the HD front guards have been heavily criticised over the years, the truth of the matter is that the HD was the fastest selling Holden of all time.

Ken
crashbox

cruzin in the FC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2007, 10:32:18 PM »

g'day all Smiley

long live the HD!...the first model .AVALIABLE with factory disc brake front end,ball joint! twin carbies,headers,full dash instumentation wow the X2 Smiley ....who said that this car was thrown together by the Gen??,.........the front gaurds ,well ya love em or simply hate em.....still a very cool car  8)and gettin a bit hard to find a good one now days

"A GOOD HOLDEN IS A CRUZIN HOLDEN"
Viking

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 06, 2008, 11:51:30 PM »

Very impressive.  It would be great, if you could put some of all this knowledge on http://www.ClassicCarBase.com so that the whole world can enjoy.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2011, 11:39:20 PM »

So, Ken, was that car a mock up or was it drivable? If it was a complete car, does it still exist?

Wink  I think I have one just like it in my Grandads shed and think it might be worth something  Wink  Grin

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: May 18, 2011, 12:41:25 PM »

Paul,

I'm pretty sure that's a clay model. If you have a look at the front view you can see there's no interior to the car.

So what's in your grand-dad's shed, I wonder?  Wink

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: