FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 02:53:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FB/EK Holden NASCO windshield washer enthusiasts guide  (Read 9388 times)
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« on: April 12, 2011, 06:59:32 PM »

Ladies and Gents,

As promised, please find below the first pass of the FB/EK Holden Nasco windshield washer enthusiasts guide (with thanks to Andrew for setting up the host link). I know it's not all FE/FC, but a lot of the info is common.

This document aims to provide some information regarding the NASCO windshield washers fitted to FB and EK Holdens. It contains
 Grin historical information, such as which washers were advertised for different model Holdens,
 Grin practical information on identification, disassembly and reassembly of FB and EK Holden washers, and
 Grin guidance on replacement parts and overhaul techniques.
It contains answers to many of the questions that seem to come up routinely on most of the early Holden forums:
“Where do I connect the washer hoses to?”
“Is anyone making aftermarket washer nozzles?”
“My washers don’t work anymore… can I replace them?”

http://www.scribd.com/full/52759445?access_key=key-kxqe4whgmxhdfp90wj5

Happy to recieve any feedback for changes or ammendments.

Cheers,
Harv (chief apprentice winshield washer fiddler).
fe-ambo

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2011, 04:28:59 PM »

That is a very informative guide you have produced. I am sure a lot of people will find it useful. Well done!

If take a ride in a ambulance you gotta a chance,
if you take a ride in a hearse its gotta be worse.

Check out this website for more photos
http://gallery.oldholden.com/hr-hearse
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2011, 05:11:49 PM »

Harv, lots of interesting info - Not being an FB or EK enthusiast, I'm probably wrong, but I had always thought that the glass jar with black bakelite top with electric motor inside was the fabled Nasco EK electric wiper set up. I think it was made by Lucas and fits in the same cradle as the vacuum bottle (I think the glass jar is in fact the same as well).
I have seen quite a few FB's and EK's with this washer bottle / motor in them - I had one in my first FC that I took out of an EK in the 70's.

I assume you know the one I am talking about?

Ken
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2011, 05:53:22 PM »

I forgot to mention - I also have some Trico fitting instructions for FE FC FB showing a foot pump the same as shown on p44 but with a bag attached to the fender skirt. The line drawing shows FB engine bay so I assume it is dated about 1960.

Ken
Harv
Guru

Model: other Holden

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2011, 07:36:52 PM »

G'day Ken,

Interesting that someone has seen electric FB/EK washers. I guess the electric FB/EK washers you have seen look like the repro Lucas ones on P33 of the guide?

I never knew that a "bag" washer was available either... very cool. Any chance of getting hold of a copy of the instructions?

Cheers, and thanks,
Harv
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2011, 07:51:50 PM »

Yes that's right - I sold a unit on ebay a few years ago - no decal on the cradle
I will photocopy and send to you - can you pm me an address

Ken
collecta
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2011, 10:53:52 PM »

I own an EK station sedan with the elecric washer set up mentioned. I was wondering if it was nasco now i know Grin
cheers
Scott

i collect old holdens coz they never die!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: