FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 07:22:25 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Scheduled Outage for the Forum  (Read 12183 times)
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« on: December 23, 2010, 11:56:57 AM »

Our website is to be moved from one server to another, newer faster one. This will necessitate making the forum unavailable for a period of time so the underlying database can be 'frozen' and transferred across.

This is expected to occur tomorrow (Dec 24) afternoon. Further information about an exact time will be published here when it's available.

Apologies in advance for any inconvenience.

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
JB
qld-club
Guru

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2010, 08:15:39 PM »

What will I do???

Phone +64 223509263
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 11:02:55 PM »

This did not go ahead last week, as you may or may not have noticed.

It has now been tentatively scheduled for tomorrow Friday 31 in the afternoon. You'll all be too legless busy with new year's celebrations Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 11:12:21 AM »

Various problems (not with our site, but with others on the same server) led to this migration being postponed the other week. If you were thinking "that all went smoothly, the site was never unavailable to me, but I haven't noticed any difference", well, now you know why.

The migration will now be happening tomorrow evening. As a result, the forum will be unavailable from Friday Jan 14 19.30 ESST until the following morning (at the latest - it may be back earlier than that.)

As always, apologies for any inconvenience.

RET

steamman

Model: other Holden

Woodend Victoria

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 05:04:17 PM »

Looks like i'll be in the shed working on wallace friday night.

FE and FC"S rule.
Maco
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 07:52:10 PM »

Looks like I will need to talk to the wife then.

Cheers
John

Better in Green
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 08:53:06 PM »

Whatever will we do. Huh Huh Huh

Talk to the wife? No

Work overtime? No

Sit in the corner rocking back and forward in front of the computer waiting for the forum to come back online, and hope that the outage is not too long.  Grin Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 08:19:12 AM »

Hmm, looks like it's working....

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 08:33:21 AM »

OK, we seem to be back up and running now. The only issue I have discovered so far is that the spell-check option is not available on this new server. I'll follow that up with our provider.

Otherwise, I haven't found any issues. If you do, reply in this thread with the details, or send me an email if the problem means you can't post.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 11:44:51 PM »

I not great on the computer thingy  but where has the spell check gone ....FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 12:27:36 AM »

MS Word has spell check !!! Its just lucky I know how to cut and paste from word documents coz my selplnig is sochkinig at the bset of tmies.

Ceehrs Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 08:32:22 PM »

Does anybody know why I have to log in every time I come on the forum? , Jack
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: January 17, 2011, 07:40:27 AM »

Does anybody know why I have to log in every time I come on the forum? , Jack

You should not need to do that if you select the "Always stay logged in" checkbox, or have "Forever" selected (depending on the page you're logging in from).

Do you have some sort of anti-virus/cleanup software running that's deleting your internet 'cookies'? That's where your logged-in status is saved. What browser are you using?

I'm not aware of this being an endemic problem.

RET

FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 17, 2011, 02:20:38 PM »

I am using Internet Explorer and have CA anti virus which I have had for a while. I had no trouble staying logged in until recently, though it was before your server change that it started to cause grief. Will check my antivirus settings, Cheers, Jack
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: January 17, 2011, 07:48:17 PM »

Perhaps the change coincides with a new version of IE? Here are some instructions on managing cookies...

There are some (stupidly paranoid and overzealous) settings that can delete cookies at the end of every browsing session. You might have this set on a publicly accessible computer (at a library or cafe), but it's a bit much on a computer/account only you have access to.

This is a possible solution to a problem that sounds a lot like yours.

Hope that helps

RET

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2011, 08:24:09 PM »

Hi Ret et al,

I have just tried to report a posting to the moderator, but I am prevented from doing so, it comes up that my lost post was from the IP less than 30 seconds ago, despite waiting several minutes. Any Ideas Huh

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2011, 10:51:49 PM »

Hi Ret et al,

I have just tried to report a posting to the moderator, but I am prevented from doing so, it comes up that my lost post was from the IP less than 30 seconds ago, despite waiting several minutes. Any Ideas Huh

Keith

I (we?) got two of your reports, so it did work to some extent. RET may be able to help with the error messages.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 07:34:07 AM »

Hi EffCee,

Yes, got both your messages OK, they're about a minute apart. There's a setting on the forum (it was on the old server also) that stops anyone posting twice within 30 seconds. It's designed to stop spam-bots posting stuff all over your boards.

Those two messages alone shouldn't have triggered the message, unless you posted something else in between? Dunno, can't answer that one.

RET

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 04:17:26 PM »

I not great on the computer thingy  but where has the spell check gone ....FC427.....

Brenden has installed the necessary widgets on the server to re-enable the spell-checker, so you can all tipe whateva rubish u wont now and have the sistem fix it for you Grin

RET

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 09:59:44 PM »

The error with uploading avatars has now also been fixed.

Obviously Roll Eyes

Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: