FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 08:10:59 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE front disc brake upgrade and more advise please ?  (Read 19080 times)
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 23, 2010, 05:31:13 PM »

FE 4 ME,
I am a locksmith. To remove the barrel you must have a key that turns the lock from lock to on. You then turn the lock all the way to the left (lock position) insert paper clip and depress and then turn further to the left and then pull out. To replace just insert new barrel and turn right with key.
Barrell should have code number stamped onto it if you need to get another key cut.
Regards brett
brett_f

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 23, 2010, 06:42:32 PM »

FE 4 ME,
Forgot to mention. DO NOT GET SOLEX LOCKS. They will give you all sorts of trouble and are not secure. As they protrude from the panels, you can get muliti grips onto the outside and turn them to open the vehicle. You also have to slightly modify the hole which wont allow the holden locks to be firm anymore should you want to go back to original. You can't get a solex lock for the ignition.
Hope this helps
Brett
fe350chev
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 23, 2010, 08:11:29 PM »

do what hoon said and get locks all keyed the same with whatever barrel u want using door locks or whatever, u dont want a shit load of keys its annoying. the locksmith will do it in front of you in 2 seconds and you will hate him for it lol  Tongue

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: