FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 10:36:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FE 1957 - Breton Blue/Teal Blue - 327, T700, modified chassis - original body  (Read 195925 times)
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2013, 08:46:37 PM »

Bad boy bubby style
 Be still bumper bar
Be still. Grin

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2013, 08:52:47 PM »

Hope there are no earthquakes.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: July 26, 2013, 10:09:05 PM »

Projects a few years ago, dato 521 and 620 utes.

Deano

Current Rides: 1958 "Black and White Taxi" FC special Sedan, 1957 FE special Sedan, BA Futura,  2015 VF Commodore, 1956 Austin Tipper Truck
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: July 26, 2013, 10:51:29 PM »

There's so much going on!

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: July 26, 2013, 11:15:14 PM »

This was my father in laws transit van from New. We repaired it and sold it.

Deano

pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2013, 11:38:21 AM »

Hey Deano those old Daddo's are selling for heaps now, all the young blokes go crazy over them.
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2013, 12:40:25 PM »

Yeah too right. But I suppose they were more opportune type things I did so I wasn't bored, knowing I was doing the subdivision myself etc, sort of sucked knowing it would be hard to commit to something and have no means of storage and I got them for bugger all, the white one was a lot of fun cos was a paddock bomb for some time prior. I took a photo of the shed block and I put a big car on (my ford can sit outside for all I care  Shocked, u can get 3 BA's in side by side but would be a tight squeeze (enough to get out of one side each), but 3 fe's side by side would be quite easy, especially if they are rolling. To the right (in pic) it is stepped down so that anything going in and out is basically straight out with bugger all fall, that's the end that will be facing east and more of a working end with a yard so i can hide all my crap from the missus's view  Cheesy, with the lhs facing west and will be for larger things or whole cars being finished that can be driven in, then I would like to do a double garage lean to, type thing coming back towards the camera (in side shot) to put the caravan in and have a section in between for welding, blasting etc, so like a prep and finishing area for all sorts of projects. I put in 8 ton yesty of roadbase and compacted it and a further 5 ton on other end but Ill get the grader and grade it all up nice after its finished. I have also run 6mm tps cable to the paddock edge for a future shed for implements and chemical storage etc. This is the one I hope to have a truck/car pit.

I fixed the buggy guard that I ripped off the other day by being a little over zealous in the mud.

I did a lot of earth moving last few days, dug out and compacted base for where I want the lean to part extension of the shed to go (missus and I are in slight marital bliss over this proposal).

So btw sorting stuff, restoring stuff and the shed and organising my sons party today with 7 kids coming, I might need a bourbon Sundy night  Tongue

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2013, 01:02:01 PM »

Leveled this side this morning. The reason why the power is coming in at about a metre in is cos there will be an access door where the little ramped bit is and a walk through storage room that can be locked. Inside I will have power board and 12 volt transformer boards for all the garden lighting and workshop LED lights, possible solar inverter (later) and a computer mainframe and engine diagnostic jigger (later). The house is smart wired so I have computer cables to run next week to the house when I put the stormwater trench in (to the house with a diverter) to the dam, that way I will have the ability to use phone apps to automate certain shed functions when I am away, i.e activating CCTV camera's so I keep an eye on things such as electrolysis setups, you name it, whatever needs to come on from wherever I am by having wiring setups menu'd for off and on, a bit like watering timers. Should be all pretty cool when set up. That would enable me to be inside and use an ipad/tablet to say turn on the compressor to do something little like pump the kids tyres up cos i plan on running air lines from the shed to the home garage and other points to be able to use more air tools later on cos they are more efficient.

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: July 30, 2013, 01:30:45 PM »

This is a before shot. Im quite impressed with the result from just an overnight bath and no acid yet, especially since this was not the side I was focusing on, it was the rear. Anywho, I took the bumper out just to see what were looking at and to take the brackets off, which will come off dead easy now.

I just rinsed them off and the front bracket is down to bare metal and basically all the rust under the Nickel has completely stripped the back side  Grin

It's great cos there is basically no chrome on this bar just nickel, except for the bumperettes which often have better factory adhesion due to better electrolysis being smaller parts

A very light scrub with scotch-bring shows nearly all rust has gone, but in water not ideal being only 10 deg, should be 20-25 deg but a good result nevertheless.

The last shot is the telling one, the rust was trying to lift the nickel as per the dark rust colour, so most people would have plenty of rust under seemingly good bumper bumpers  Tongue despite no bubbling. I might just give these a quick buff with wire wheel later to see whats really sticking after dismantle. Then Ill try a flour solution with some acid to try and use minimal environmental impact ingredients to see if the Nickel will lift, while i do same process to see what the other 2 come up like. I havent even got to the Nickel stripping as I was only focussing on the steel for easy of removal and wanted to do an engine and other parts before i change the solution to a stripper.

Latest reseach has indicated that Chrome is actually dissolved to neutral by using sugar. But I have a large drum I prefer to pour all my waste into from the initial stage (chrome is the worse thing, Nickel can easily be dissolved and neutralised, but i still prefer to capture it and use proper methods to get rid of any "potential" contaminants.

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: July 30, 2013, 01:34:14 PM »

You can see the top of the bumperette still has chrome by its bright appearance. The plate bracket was equally rusted in the example as this one i just cant be bothered looking for the other pic.

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: August 01, 2013, 07:29:05 PM »

I ordered some custom springs to be made in Adelaide for the FE, extra leaf and a few other mods. Will be interesting when i get them (any day now) how they compare to the standards. Then I will see which springs out of the four remaining that I will use for the taxi.  Grin

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: August 02, 2013, 07:18:24 PM »

Deano

Crumpsnr

Shellharbour NSW

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: August 02, 2013, 11:09:26 PM »

So you can play spring pong?? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: August 03, 2013, 09:13:33 AM »

So you can play spring pong??

Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Grin Grin

Now that's how a rebuilt set of springs should look Nice one Deano.
   Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 03, 2013, 04:30:30 PM »

They look good Deano, where abouts in Adelaide were they done?

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 04, 2013, 06:06:43 PM »

They are brand new with no change over. I used to send all the truck springs there years ago. Industrial spring makers, in Adelaide. All orders are custom quoted to your requirements.

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 04, 2013, 06:15:00 PM »

http://www.industrialsprings.com.au

See some if the spring apps. These guys used to make all pedders stuff and lots if aftermarket. Not sure now.

Deano

Stewy
sa-club

Model: FE

FErgus 1957 FE Special Station Sedan

Jeff Stewart
View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 04, 2013, 07:20:34 PM »

Thanks Deano  Smiley
Some good info to check out.

Cheers Stewy   Cool

No matter how much you push the envelope, It'll still be stationery
fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 04, 2013, 07:24:15 PM »

Forgot to say before Pedro, I couldn't breathe properly earlier cos I was laughing so hard at you ping pong joke. I've only just recovered enough to reply  Tongue

Deano

fe350chev
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: August 20, 2013, 05:51:25 PM »

Frame will be up tomoz.

Deano

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 17   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: