FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 11:47:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Chat room  (Read 4763 times)
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« on: February 12, 2003, 09:32:37 AM »

Hi Guys,

Just wondering what has happened to the chat room... Maybe we are all logging on at different times... Or just can't be bothered???
On the occasions that I have been able to nab someone for chat I have found it to be very productive.

Cheers
Jason.

Phone +64 223509263
HARKO
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 12:33:16 PM »

Hey fevan6
My computer dies and so does the chatroom  Roll Eyes
I see a pattern forming. Tongue
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 01:00:39 PM »

gidday all

i have noticed that each time i log on there doesn't appear to be anybody in the chat room. having said that i am not sure how to type script once i am in there anyway.i am sure it is quite simple i just need some pointers.

denis
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 11:26:28 PM »

The chat room has been a bit quiet lately.  Everyone's back to work, holidays over etc etc I suppose.

For tips on how to use it, see this page here.

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2003, 05:12:40 AM »

Although I haven't used it yet, wouldn't it be a good idea to organise a "meeting".
Say twice a week at different times so that people can co-ordinate a session?
Of course continue with Ad-hoc sessions, but at least everyone will know twice a week (or whatever) they are guaranteed to have someone to chat to.

fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2003, 08:20:34 AM »

Im with Fevanv6 & Stinky on this one. I no I dont post often even though I check the site out regularly but I wouldn't mind being able to join in a conversation or two while you know there's others out there at a certain time. Being in north qld puts us out of the circle to sum extent and I dont think I've ever met any of you it just seems a more "personalized" way of doing things. Hope I havent come off sounding like a goose but that's my two cents worth anyway.
                                      Regards
                                                 Mac
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2003, 09:15:23 AM »

How's this for an idea, maybe RET can put a survey on the front page for the prefered day/time of people wanting to chat. Then make the top 2-3 "official" chat sessions.

RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2003, 10:31:12 PM »

Stinky,

That's an excellent idea.  Consider it done.  There's a maximum of 10 options in a poll, so I'll have to think a little about how the survey can be constructed.

I have noticed that Sunday and Monday nights seem to be the most popular.  Of course, that might change now that ratings season has opened and Buffy is back on Grin

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2003, 01:58:32 AM »

OK The poll is now set up on the front screen.  Please don't click everything! Select the days you most commonly visit, and the time (preferably just one) that you are most likely to do so.

Note that times are ESST, so please allow for that - especially the guys from WA (3 hours behind?) and Queensland (1 hour and 20 years behind)

cheers
RET

fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2003, 06:18:34 AM »

pity we cant get the prices and parts from back then!
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2003, 04:21:04 AM »

I think the poll has had long enough now to get a feel for the usage patterns.

It seems that Monday and Friday are marginally more popular than other nights, and 6-10pm is by far and away the most popular time to be visiting here.

So I would propose that the 'official' chat time should be 8.30 - 10.30pm ESST on Mondays and Fridays.  Of course the chat-room is available 24x7, but those two windows would seem to be the most likely time you'll find someone to talk to.

Anyone have any thoughts on that before I start advertising?

And don't forget when you log into the boards, make sure you log into the chatroom as well.  You should get a pop-up telling you if anyone else joins while you're reading the other posts on the forum.

cheers
RET

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: