FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:08:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Front fender rust repair sections  (Read 6532 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: June 11, 2010, 07:05:21 PM »

Has anyone got any feedback on the rust repair panels that Craig Vane sells on ebay?This is for the lower rear section of the front fender which Rares no longer do.If I have to fabricate this by hand I will be would prefer not to.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Old_Mt_Isa_Boy
qld-club

My Ute

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 07:17:31 PM »

They look the part. I have both sides and would recommend his gear. Seems like a good bloke and was happy to help me out. His prices are quite reasonable.

Regards Wayne
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2010, 10:03:36 PM »

I haven't used his front fender sections but I have found his outer sills and lower door sections of very good quality and as Wayne said ,very reasonably priced, Cheers, Jack
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2010, 08:26:45 PM »

Ok,so here's the verdict.These rust repair panels are clearly advertised as FE FC FB EK.I was unsure as to whether FC and FB could possibly be the same but I saw a pair of Rare Spares original rust repair sections at a swap meet and decided they were definitely different.So why did I think that these would be better?I'm not sure but they looked correct in the tiny photo on ebay.Anyway,long story short,they are completely different and will only suit FB/EK.I have sent them back and have been told I will receive a full refund.Only disappointing thing is Craig is still advertising them as suiting all these models.Surely I'm not the only one who has had this problem.Here are some photos to show the difference.With a lot of mods they could be made to look "similar" but it was easier to repair mine than use his.I am not in anyway having "a go" at Craig here,merely pointing out the problem so others don't do what I did.Cheers,Jamie.

Looks sort of ok here although you can see the difference in definition of the sill style line up to the guard lip

As you can see,no good here..

or here..

or here

FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 06:19:10 AM »

A lot of difference there

Might be worth asking waddingtons if they would do them?

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 08:30:28 AM »

thanks for the review Jamie.

I prefer to make my own patches too.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2010, 02:37:32 PM »

No question about it - FB EK have a thicker, wider guard lip than FE FC do

Ken
2door350

Model: FE

RAT 059

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2010, 06:09:08 PM »

yep i got a pair of these and have not used them, they will need the profile changed to match fc lines.... Sad
TTV6FC
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2010, 06:23:54 PM »

Just a quick update,whilst I was not real happy with the fact that the panels do not suit FE FC,Craig did refund me the items in full including the cost to send them back which many ebayers would not have done.For this I do appreciate his efforts in rectifying the matter.Cheers,Jamie.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: