FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 27, 2024, 11:26:09 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Heater Tap & Nasco mirror  (Read 2743 times)
mike

View Profile
« on: February 10, 2003, 01:13:11 AM »

Hi what sort of heater tap did FE's have with the smiths two door heater as i have the one that looks like the old rainwater tank tap type i dont know if that is the best description but is as close as describe it, also found the nasco mirror head with the part number 7384468 and nasco stamped on it does this one mount on the fender or door or doesnt it matter which mirror arm you put it on.

thanks mike.
Revhead_Fc
nsw-club

Model: FC

just put a chev in it

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2003, 06:54:07 AM »

Hi Mike,
 The heater taps for any of the old heaters were a piece of pipe screwed into side of head and a part that screwed into the top of the pipe and had a like a butterfly in side it, looked messy. I got a heater tap at a spare parts shop that belongs to holdens HX to Comodores it is small and made from plastic and brass, can be fitted anywhere and looks good. even under dash. Costs about $25.

Cheers Al
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2003, 10:08:56 AM »

Believe it or not but the brass tank tap you have is original NASCO equipment.  The handle should be bigger one side than the other and have a small printed stamp on one side.   The genuine Nasco mirror for the guard has NASCO printed on the back in the diamond shape but no part number.  The door mirror does not unscrew from the stalk without breaking the glass.

The mirror with the part number is a later one but i'm not sure what model it's off.

Ken
mike

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2003, 10:16:18 AM »

Yes the handle is bigger on one side and it does have printing stamped on it, I think it must be the tap manufacturer, I pulled it out of a wrecked FE but wasnt sure if it was the one, am now thanks Ken.

regards mike.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: