FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
May 01, 2024, 07:12:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hi all  (Read 54398 times)
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2010, 07:41:44 AM »

Yep near singleton beutiful MT Thorley

Surrounded by beutiful open cut mines.  (i moved from absaloute waterfront at Wangi to be here)

The only thing i like about here is i have a 1 acre block to store toys and projects on.
I miss the water but this is where the money is.

Pete

pedro
qld-club
Guru

Model: FC

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2010, 12:17:15 PM »

Remeber this was done when i was 16

Shocked Shocked :oTalk about making a bloke feel inadequate, when i was 16 i thought it was a big deal helping an older mate fit an engine Embarrassed Cheesy Cheesy
                         Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2010, 08:23:35 PM »

Heres a pic of the RB26 in the fc put it in tonight to measure up engine mounts and sump fits pretty good need my gear box back to check all clerances but.

GM

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2010, 08:35:35 AM »

That will pull like 14 year old

Upon the hill there stood a cow.
It must have moved, It's not there now.
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2010, 12:52:00 PM »

I supposse thats a good way to describe it.

WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2010, 11:23:15 PM »

hi mate love your car will be keen to see how well it goes .good choice of motor i am currently running a rb20det in my fc special and it is alot of fun to drive.good luck with the build
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2010, 06:04:47 PM »

Cheers bloke you will have to throw some pics up of the old girl.
I have RB,s everywhere 3 30s 1 20 1 25 and a 26

WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2010, 05:00:01 PM »

hi again ive put a link for photos not shore how else to get them up but this is me pride and joy hope you like
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2010, 09:06:19 PM »

Took me a bit to work out the photo thing use photo bucket for it i have it sorted now.

My old fc is at the point now its in a million pieces i am unsure weather i want to soda blast and start from scratch
 I have all the parts but am tossing up weather to put back on the road or do the full re build now.
I want to make all new floors new boot section tunnel ect my company has just purchased a new techni water jet cutter and a multi cam CNC router so i am unsure weather to go all out on it now or wait a few years then do the rotissere re build.
I make parts for hot rods trays firewalls tubs body parts i also do beading cut steering arms ect i am very confident building anything but seem to struggle when it comes to my own projects i start then look at something and think i can do better and after a while it gets the better of me and i stop thinking ill do a better job when i get more time and nothing gets done.
i think i might judt fit the motor get it sorted then do the full re build later on.

WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2010, 09:49:46 PM »

i agree fit motor and give yourself time to change things  before you go all out  trial and error god im always looking at changing things .next mission is a new inter-cooler and turbo set up hard part is finding the time
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 27, 2010, 10:03:38 PM »

Here you go Wiggs.....looks neat.

Hoon.....yours is coming along nicely.
I would be interested to know what sort of times/HP this set up produces.
Regards
Alex

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2010, 10:06:31 PM »

How nice is that, everything under the bonnet, intercooler tucks up behind the grille, it all looks stock, what a sleeper!

I like it alot

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2010, 10:19:35 PM »

keith a sleeper it is haven,t been pulled over by boys in blue yet they think its a stockie just out for a drive with the kids .thanks alex for enlarging photo still trying to nut out posting them
WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2010, 10:35:04 PM »

here is a full shot of the old girl
FCV08

FE FC Club of QLD

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2010, 10:55:09 PM »

Hey Wiggs

Nice work. Very unassuming.

Cheers

Craig

FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 28, 2010, 05:31:22 AM »

Hi Wiggs looks good.

I am running a water to air intercooler in the inner guard fitted with a cooler and electric pump there is no room for anything with the twins.
Even air flow meters wont fit thats why i have opted for a haltech 2000 series computer and run map sensors.
I had the RB25head 30bottom end  on mine with a T3/T4 top mount turbo fitted very nice but i want a more clean look and the power and sound of a RB26.
I have never been pulled over in 9 years (i think) of the car being modified even with FCHOON number plates the sun visor and rear venetians must give them a laugh.
I have wised up a bit now and have removed the plates just go for a stock look all over the wheels are coming off as well and getting a set made up and will fit the hub caps back on it.
I got carried away on the weekend chopped the whole rear floor out and re manufactured another one and a  alloy kinda  drop tank but more so for extra fuel and to fit a internal swirl pot with a internal pump running to a bosch 044 the tank should not look out of place its 40mm deeper than standard but a little wider so should be about 55 litres now.

Pete

WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2010, 02:45:49 PM »

sounds like a busy weekend .agree with you going back to the stock look you cannot beat it your photos made me get my album out and my last fc looks very similar to yours .intend to go all out  one day even get the spats back i reckon . Here is a pic of her                                                                                                                                 
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 28, 2010, 05:28:52 PM »

looks sweet
reminds me of when i bought my old girl

my old girl bent the standard visor to much air pressure now has a moded eh one.

WIGGSFC

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 29, 2010, 09:03:33 PM »

COULD YOU POST A PIC OF YOUR INTER-COOLER SET UP WHEN YOU HAVE GOT IT IN INTERESTED TO SEE IT  CHEERS BROWNY
FCRB26
Guru

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2010, 05:55:44 AM »

Will do

Intercooler turned up am just waiting on piping had a lot of work on at the moment so havent been doing much on my old girl (effie)

CAPA now runs these water to air intercoolers on all their supercharger systems you get the unit and the water resivoir and the pump have a look on their website.
Ill post a pic of the core tonight if i get 5.
I questioned a friend who is a air con mechanic weather you plump the air con compressor to the core and he said yes he has seen it done before so the extra 8-10HP you lose driving the compressor you should gain nearlly double with the cold air?
I have no worries about that nothing else is going to fit in my engine bay.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: