FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:10:32 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: paint scheme for FC Special  (Read 6485 times)
Dean
« on: January 28, 2003, 04:19:20 AM »

Hi,

I am slightly confused with the two tone paint on the FC Special.  I am about to go to the spray shop and would like to know how the colour scheme goes on the back of the car, is it all the flash colour or both the main body colour and flash colour.  The car has been repianted in black and silver awhile back so I am unsure if it has the correct scheme.

Please helllppp
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 06:15:33 AM »

Dean
It all depends when your FC was made as there are three different styles of two tone scheme.Check out the NSW FE FC site and look in their tech section as there are examples of the three styles and when they where applied in the production years.
Style two uses a chrome strip a base of C pillar whilst style three has a chrome strip which continues from the top rear quarter spears to the back door/ C pillar.
Check out the section and all should be revealed (We hope)
Good Luck
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
dam-mad

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 10:18:45 AM »

Thanks John, answered all my questions.

Cheers
Dean
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 10:23:47 AM »

No Problems, you may be able to help someone else on the site, this what makes this site so great.
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2003, 02:53:25 AM »

Can anyone help with this enquirey??  A guy rang up and said he was restoring his two-tone grey FC sedan  (I gather it is a special) and wants to know what colour he should paint under the bonnet (of the actual bonnet)Huh  And if it is black (not grey) should he paint only the flat part and not the latch area?Huh  He is ringing me back tonight at home - so an answer today would be fantastic!!! Thanks Kathleen (HOTLIPS)

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2003, 03:47:21 AM »

Whilst the colour of the engine bay can be body colour or black, I'm almost positive all bonnets were the same colour on both sides.  At least until the oil leaks and fumes got to them Wink

The gallery of photos from the Sydney Nats has nearly every bonnet up, so have a look here at the trophy winners for starters: http://www.fefcholden.org.au/nsw/2001nats/trophies.html
All of them show the same colour on the underside of the bonnet as the top.

But I have to ask.  What does it matter if he's painting it in two-tone primer anyway?  (Wayne, your time starts now...)

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2003, 03:50:33 AM »

Under the Bonnet should be painted the same colour as the Primary colour on the vehicle!  Unless he personally wants it black. The whole underside of the bonnet should be the same colour as the top of the bonnet!

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2003, 05:01:33 AM »

Smiley :)Thank heaps guys - I will pass on this information.   By the way I have seen under bonnets painted black and wondered??? but now I don't anymore.  Thanks again. Wink Wink

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 06:29:40 AM »

ret what do you mean it is only a primer   Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and I know good taste when I see it.
WAYNE
craiga
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2003, 09:07:50 AM »

OK Wayne lets see Wink

We'll put it to the vote.

What does everyone think, is grey a colour? Grin

P.S Next poll is to see if its OK to paint your car in the stuff that comes out of a babies bum  Embarrassed
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2003, 11:34:57 AM »

Kathleen,  apart from origianal NOS FE and FC bonnets which were coated in a resin material, later replacement bonnets were black.   Slack/Cheap paint shops after repairing a damaged car would paint only the outside of the bonnet - hence black underbonnets.

Ken
FEHOLDEN

like all good things...it will happen eventually.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2003, 12:14:37 PM »

GIDDAY EVERYBODY

I DON'T RECKON YOU NEED A SURVEY ON PAINT COLOURS. IN FACT I THINK ANY COLOUR LOOKS GOOD ON AN FE OR FC AS LONG AS IT IS COMPLEMENTED BY CORSAIR TAN. Wink Wink Wink

IN FACT THE WHOLE BODY OF " MY EFFIE" IS IN THIS MOST FASHIONABLE OF COLOUURS Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Wink

DENIS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: