FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 04:12:36 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: V6 Engine Mount Pics.  (Read 2421 times)
hrpremier

Model: other Holden

Jason

Jason Fewins
View Profile
« on: December 06, 2009, 11:14:31 AM »

Hi team.

Am starting to think about how to mount the Vs v6 engine onto the Factory HR front end (not CRS type). Once this is done I can then weld the Vs floor and tunnel with gearbox to suit and marry up with the engine. Looking for pictures of anyone who has done this that shows what design the mounts were and roughly where they were located.  Have been searching most of the morning on the site to find a picture but so far no luck, hence this question.

Going out to the shed to do some more measurements and stare blankley at the thing to try and figure it out.  Tongue

Thanks in advance.

Jase
(hrpremier)

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/

I Have A Fever ............... And The Only Prescription ............... Is More Cowbell

http://gallery.oldholden.com/hrpremier/
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 08:17:04 PM »

You should have a pair of new VN rubber mounts to start with because they sag when old. look at the VN crossmember and either cut the metal mount supports out or fabricate new ones to the same dimensions. Install the engine in place in the car and trial fit mounts and metal supports. You will need to fabricate brackets to maintain structural rigidity where necessary.

Ken
sgo

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 09:03:45 PM »

This may give you some food for thought.
I used this for a while but changed it due to other mods needed.
Disregard the measurement shown.
The mount did sag and I'm now using the old fashioned solid rubber type.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: