FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 06:17:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Sunvisor mounting clamp  (Read 2204 times)
frank
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: October 30, 2009, 09:37:04 AM »

hi guys

am chasing the driver's side mounting clamp (both bits) and nuts for the exterior sunvisor. Am in Perth.

cheers  frank
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2009, 06:08:08 PM »

Both bits ?
Each side of the sunvisor has 2 bolts which are part of the visor, an L shaped bracket and 2 domed nuts. Which parts do you need?

Ken
frank
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 10:04:00 PM »

hi Ken
hmmm .. one bolt on the driver's side snapped off and is now one (rusted tightly) with the domed nut, so it looks like I'm knackered.  I thought the 'inside' bracket with the bolts was separate to the sunvisor.  I've glued the domed nut back onto the stainless steel piece and have wedged some thin strips of rubber between the sunvisor and the gutter to take up any movement. Its looks fine and is holding okay at the moment but would prefer it to be secured properly.  ah well, will just have to keep an eye on it and keep away from any high speed runs!
cheers  frank
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2009, 03:49:41 PM »

So really all you need to do is remove the broken bolt from the visor and buy a new countersunk head bolt similar to what came out and replace it. I can probably find a replacement domed head nut to match the originals.

Ken
frank
wa-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2009, 09:16:21 AM »

thanks for the tip Ken, will do.  I'll drill out the broken bolt from the domed nut so that should be fine.
cheers  frank
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: