FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 30, 2024, 04:33:00 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Injection Gurus  (Read 2396 times)
jasonr70002

View Profile
« on: September 27, 2009, 08:38:18 PM »

Hey all I have gotten rid of the V6 and gone with the VK EFI six option due to cost etc of fitting. I would like to know how to wire it all up. I have been told a couple of times that it is pretty easy to do but I want to find out from people who have done it.
cheers jason 

Golden Holdens FE-FC
FATBOY
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2009, 08:40:48 PM »

Pm smithy he has done the conversion in his fc sedan .I saw the car last week the overall package looks orsome
regards fatboy

fatboy
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2009, 08:46:52 PM »

Cheers Fatboy, Hope to be going up to the farm in the next few weeks so will let you know about those badges too.

Golden Holdens FE-FC
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2009, 09:17:01 PM »

hi jason, fitting up the VK can be easy, just depends on what you will be using from the VK.
ensure the wiring in the FC now is up to the task before placing extra load on the system , this would be the first place to start.

you will also have to look at things like the fuel delivery, fuel tank, ( what tank will you be using? ) return lines, emission / polution devices etc. ( if you are using the 202 straight out of the VK you may have to look at complying with the emission rules for that engine, cat convertor etc, check with local authorities on this. )

i got around this by adapting the 12 port black head and injection onto a 186 block (1970's engine= no polution equipment)
plus im also using VN throttle body, delco 808 ECU (VN/VP), camira engine harness ( VK harness wont mate up to deco ECU )

you will more than likely also have to have a look if the injection manifold will foul on the firewall if the car has had tripple carbs in before hand the firewall may already have enough clearance, if not you will have to massage the metal ( big hammer) or cleanly by cutting and welding an indent. depends on how much you can or want to do.

the engine swap itself isnt a real problem- 202 into fc HR front end etc, done heaps of times, its just all the little extra things which can cause headaches.
and if you are using the complete VK setup including ECU then wiring can be as simple as getting hold of a VK manual hooking up power and earth.

but as you should know by now modifiction of anything is never real easy, is it ? Wink

happy to help out if you need some, just sing out.

dean

cheers fatboy, will have to catch up again when im not as dead Tongue
found the bloody gregory's today sitting on the shelf in plain veiw, jeez i mustve been crook Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
jasonr70002

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2009, 09:31:45 PM »

Cheers Smithy I have the whole VK EFI loom and ecu that came straight out of a VK berlina. It is just the EFI loom and not the main harness for the car itself. The FE has no harness in it at all and I was going to fit one of those painless types into it to upgrade all the electrics in the car. Will massage the engine bay as needed and the bonus is that VK's didn't have a cat fitted and they are still the old leaded type fuel so I won't need to fit a cat. Will be running the FE tank or looking into the legalities of a fuel cell mounted in the boot inside the shell of the old tank or making a box to fit it where the old tank and spare wheel went. The setup you have is very well thought out and I bet it goes a treat too.
Jason

Golden Holdens FE-FC
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2009, 09:56:27 PM »

hey jason. using an aftermarket harness is definately the way to go. i used a similar one in mine.

yeah check with the local authorities on the fuel delivery system before you go too far as some may require you to get an engineers report. if using the original tank then a return line will have to be installed, there are a few other little issues which may pop up simple things really just have to think about it first.

overall wiring shouldnt be too hard, really all you need is power to the ECU and sensors

but grab a VK gregory's manual and have a look at the wiring schematics

The setup you have is very well thought out and I bet it goes a treat too.
Undecided Undecided um in theory it should all work very well, havent run it yet Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes
dean

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: