FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 29, 2024, 05:31:55 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: silly indicators  (Read 1567 times)
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« on: August 25, 2009, 02:08:48 PM »

both of the front indicators on Cathys "ugly duckling" FC have stopped working. rears still work, theres no flashing on dash but they still tick.
dont know how original the wiring system is ? it was an FE but has FC grille, different motor, gearbox,brakes etc.etc.. etc
Is it a simple problem or an auto sparky job?

My wagon is weird.. all indicators work externally but the left doesnt show on the dash, the right does. and when they cancel off all external lights stop flashing but both dash lights flash (like hazard lights) until i nudge the indicator arm a little bit. And when i stick it in reverse (trimatic auto) the front left indicator/sidelight comes on but i dont have reversing lights ?!?!?

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2009, 08:17:23 AM »

I would check continuity of each circuit and clean up all the earths.

in the shed
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2009, 06:27:52 PM »

The first car sounds like an earth problem at the park light bodies. The second car sounds like a wiring problem. Did you do the wiring? If you did check the circuitry especially the difference in the column between brake lights flashing and not flashing and how it is hooked up to the reverse lights.
If you didn't do the wiring then I would rip it all out and do it again.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: