FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:07:24 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Alternator inside generator case  (Read 21497 times)
maroon-fc

View Profile
« on: August 04, 2009, 02:21:41 PM »

Hi guys, have heard a little about companies that will repack an original generator casing with an alternator. Would anyone know of a company here in OZ that do this type of work? Cheers FC Mikey

Wild thing....you make my heart sing,
you make everything groovy,
C'mon c'mon wild thing.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2009, 05:03:59 PM »

I have a phone number for a guy in Sydney that sells the "ALTERGEN" or something like that it's called......have to find the information sheet and will post details in the next day or so when I find it  .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
maroon-fc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 09:50:38 AM »

Thanks FC427, have been searching the net for this item. I have found a company in the US called "GENER-NATOR", but a company here in Sydney would be better. If you do have the time to dig up that info it would be much appreciated. Thanks again FC Mikey

C'mon c'mon wild thing.
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 11:57:42 AM »

Dunno if this is of any help but I found an ad in a recent edition of Classic Car magazine ( I think it was that mag  Huh )

Anyway.....

Castle Automotive Enterprises
Pyrenees Hwy ( 7 Main rd ) Castlemaine Vic 3450
ph 03 5472 1442

http://www.caenterprises.com.au

From the ad....

"We have developed a new product called a "Dynogen".This is a Lucas C39-C40 generator converted to an alternator which is rated at 60 amps @ 14.2 volts @ 2000-2500 rpm and will peak at 80 amps.
Physically it looks no different and will be available on a changeover basis"

No mention of price in the magazine ad.

Actually, just had a look on their website via the link above and saw the prices there......... $880 each changeover  Shocked

Has anybody seen my red pen??
maroon-fc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2009, 01:47:33 PM »

Thanks FB MAD, I knew the item would cost some cabbage, but I think I might just keep the generator, meter the battery every now and then and charge when required. All this to keep it fairly original or maybe bite the bullet and change to an alternator. Not that I'm saying I'm cheap...$880... but I am from Scottish parents and copper wire was invented by two Scotsmen fighting over a penny... hang on maybe I am cheap  Wink note to self, don't type out loud Cheesy. Good on you for this info, much appreciated. FC Mikey

C'mon c'mon wild thing.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2009, 07:33:51 PM »

These are the details for the Alter-Gen Rated at 45 amps 12 volt - earth "twice the output of most generators" call Phill 02 9832 1630  ....I also noticed in the Rocket Industries Hot Rod catalogue that they also list a similar item so worth a call for pricing ......FC427.......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:39:20 AM »

The one from Rocket is the PowerGen and is rated at a huge 75 amps ..........FC427.........

maroon-fc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 10:07:52 AM »

Cheers Mark, I rang both Phil and Rocket.

Phil's price is $395 + $50 for fitting (and he's nice and local)

Rocket's price for their monster is $580. Some modification is required to the mounting bracket as

they are designed for the larger V8 engines. This is also the chromed unit, and at Huntingwood

they're nice and local to. Decision time...

Thanks heaps for the info, hope to catch you at the next club meeting. FC Mikey

P.S. Your ute looked good at AHD

C'mon c'mon wild thing.
maroon-fc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2009, 08:27:17 PM »

Just letting people know I went with the ALTER-GEN from Phil at Rooty Hill Auto-Electrical. He is a nice guy, he had it fitted up in no time, he also changed the fanbelt and replaced one sealed beam headlight and got the dash lights working, all for $440.00,(no more flat batteries).

Thanks Mark for your info to find him, I'll be using him for any electrical in the future.

While chatting he told me he had old home movie of his dad coming up the driveway in the families brand new FC station wagon and his first car was also a FC - Great bloke.

FC Mikey

C'mon c'mon wild thing.
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2009, 08:32:27 PM »

Mikey Glad it all worked out OK  .......FC427........

Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 09:14:47 AM »

Any pics  Mikey?

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
maroon-fc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 09:35:37 AM »

G'day Ed, I' m not much of a computer boffin so I don"t know how to post pics.

Hopefully at the next club meeting, I'll get somebody to show me how  Tongue  Huh

I did grab some of his flyers with pics aswell which I'll take to the meeting.

Soon I'll be starting the refurb on my panelvan, so I would like to put up some photos of the build. I'm sure it isn't that hard, when I'm shown once there will be no stopping me.

FC Mikey

C'mon c'mon wild thing.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: