FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 08, 2024, 10:44:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: New Laws er: Raising and lower vehicles.. VSI 50  (Read 12816 times)
Martin

Model: FC

Jim

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2009, 01:04:47 AM »

Out of curiosity, I read the new regulation that affects you guys in NSW.  There are a few things that some of you have misinterpreted, and I suggest you go and read it again properly.

For instance, it is not retrospective.  The final clause reads:
This VSI applies to vehicles modified or presented to an AUVIS after 31 July 2009.

and

How do you measure the height?  There are even diagrams to explain this - and none of the instructions or diagrams refer to measuring the headlight height.

and

It has to be passed by parliament:  No it doesn't - it's a standard that is issued by the RTA under existing Road Transport Regulations.  It doesn't need any further approvals.

Read it again fellas.

Martin

The liver is evil.  It must be PUNISHED

Martin
Marion.  South Aust.

Ebay user id:  lewis1411
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2009, 07:49:12 AM »

It's a draconian law brought in to give police greater powers to defect every car in sight at the local "hoon" hot spots.

I doubt very much the police would defect an Old Holden for the sake of it.

Although having said that, it will be more difficult to rego a new build, but being the resourceful bunch we are I'm sure we will get around it.

The police cannot possibly know when a car was presented to an AUVIS, so the simple solution is to get it passed, then do the suspension mods.

In my opinion, this law encourages builders to modify suspension after inspection, and in some cases this will compromise safety.

I'm planning on bagging a future project, will now need to incorporate adjustable bump stops, some remote valves and a discreet install.

as the current law is written, even my rodeo with wound down torsion bars would fail, and its far from low.

Cheers

Ed

in the shed
CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2009, 12:02:40 PM »

Its retrospective simply because a car that was legally registered six months ago now can't be registered without meeting the new requirements - and for some guys - like me with a 25mm lowered 2007 model car, it means that I can be requested to submit to an AVUS inspection and told to raise the car or submit an engineers certificate. If you add the lower profile tyres then I maybe outside the 50mm maximum and in all sorts of sh*t.

All for a car that it slightly lowered using quality aftermarket springs by a qualified mechanic.

Here's a picture of my illegal car, taken just before it became out-of-control posed a risk to other road usersAngry

What concerns me is that my car could be uninsured because it does not meet these RTA requirements, UNLESS I go and get an engineers report at my cost to prove its 'safe'.

The new law is a reactionary and poorly constructed by-product of the complete dickheads who late model drive cars around on the bump stops and ruin it for everyone else. Thanks  Roll Eyes
Ed
Guru

Model: FE

Ed74mnd
View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2009, 12:09:26 PM »

hmm.... stupid.

maybe they will get rid of the law like they did with the stupid Motorcycle exhaust labelling law they tried a few years back.

in the shed
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2009, 08:51:24 PM »

from what ive heard they might be dropping the 4wd laws but sticking with the lowering laws since the 4wd groups have been so active against it.

FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2009, 09:01:40 AM »

Grin LOOKS LIKE THE PRESSURE IS OFF FOR THE MOMENT ON IMPLEMENTING THESE NEW LAWS AND WE SLAY LOW FOR NOW  Grin........FC427........                                                                                                                                                                                                   NSW MINISTER FOR ROADS
MICHAEL DALEY MP
NEWS RELEASE
MINISTER AGREES TO FURTHER CONSULTATION ON
CAR MODIFICATION LAWS
Wednesday 29 July 2009

Minister for Roads Michael Daley today met with representatives from the 4WD community and car industry who asked for the introduction of proposed vehicle modification rules to be delayed and for more time to consult.
Mr Daley said he agreed to put the rule changes on hold and that more consultation was needed following the meeting.
“I’ve listened to feedback from the industry and the community, and have agreed to set up a working party to look more closely at how we are going to address this road safety issue,” he said.

“All of those who attended today’s meeting agreed that safety is paramount and that unsafe modifications of vehicles do need be stamped out.
“The working group will include representatives from the NSW Centre for Road Safety, Four Wheel Drive NSW-ACT, Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association, the Australian 4WD Industry Council as well as other agencies and experts,” Mr Daley said.

Executive Director of Australian Automotive Aftermarket Association Stuart Charity said this was a terrific outcome.
“We’re passionate about road safety and we understand the intent of the regulation is to make the roads safer,” he said.
We’re looking forward to working towards a practical solution that meets road safety objectives while also taking industry views into account,” Mr Charity said.

Greg Redfern from Four Wheel Drive NSW-ACT also welcomed the outcome and said the working group would have their full support.
“We want to eliminate unsafe practices in the driving community and we’ll work with the government to make sure these new regulations meet those objectives without any adverse consequences for the motoring community at large,” he said.

“We all agree that there is no place for extreme and illegal modifications, but the clubs in our association follow a strict code of conduct and ethics, and we want to make sure they’re not punished,” Mr Redfern said.

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
FB_MAD

I can't think what to write here so this will do.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2009, 09:42:27 AM »

Roll Eyes

Good to see that common sense has had a win...... for today at least  Undecided Undecided Undecided

Has anybody seen my red pen??
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2009, 02:37:27 PM »

Interesting blog regarding this issue, written by engineering signatory.
http://you-have-to-be-kidding.blogspot.com/2009/07/car-hoons-news-release.html
Regards
Alex

customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2009, 02:56:52 PM »

If you read the above blog, you would have seen that these regulations have been put on hold.
Help make sure they stay that way by signing up to the petition being compiled by the Oposition Minister, Andrew Stoner MP here:
http://www.nothoons.com.au/
Regards
Alex

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: