FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
March 29, 2024, 10:08:33 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC hearse idea  (Read 8687 times)
Moon

Keep on buildin'em!

View Profile
« on: May 26, 2009, 10:05:51 PM »

Just a little photoshop idea I was playing with. Oh, & I grabbed the original pic of the station wagon that I used, in here somewhere, so to the owner, I hope you don,t mind. I'm not making any money from it so don't worry, lol!  Tongue Grin
Moon.
( hope this works, been a loooooong time since I tried to link a pic in here! )
customFC
Guru

Model: FC

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 10:50:42 PM »

Hey Moon.
Nice work on the conversion.
Now when do you start building it?
Regards
Alex

EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2009, 01:12:49 AM »

Hi Moon,

I have thought about this for some time, I wouldn't have called it a hearse, I would have rather called it an FC Nomad. I think that this picture is better than what Harko was trying to achieve in his "Cut it custom 2 door wagon" project.

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,4554.0.html

The long piece of glass would be the biggest issue, as well as the structual strength with not much roof support.

Don't you just love photoshop! Wink You are able to see what the desired result would be before you start.

All the same, well done, now as Custom FC has said, the only thing to do is build it, keep us all posted on your progress.  Smiley Smiley Wink

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 05:43:54 PM »

mmmm, if my memory serves me correctly that would be Stinky's wagon as the "model" - that odd shaped rear quarter area under the bumper looks vaguely familiar!  Cheesy

Photoshop looks good Moon - as Alex said when do you start building?

Does anyone know what ended up happening with Harko's van? I noticed the last post was that it was for sale back in June 2006.

I'm pretty sure that Carmine Carfano (SA) was supposed to be building a "shop truck" FC nomad years ago - apparently he even had business cards produced with "it" on them.   Don't know how far he ever got with it - but maybe Stinky might know - he may possibly have seen it when after visiting Carmine over a long period of time he was "inspired" him to take up trimming himself!  Wink Cheesy

Kathi

NosFEratu
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 05:57:01 PM »

Yep, that's my front yard.
Harko's Nomad sold recently on ebay (last few months?)
I have never seen the Carafano Nomad, but last time I asked it was still a work in progress as is his "Infinity" Statesman.

Shayne
qld-club

Model: FE and FC

Just Cruisin'

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 27, 2009, 07:46:04 PM »

Speaking of photoshop (at the risk of straying offtopic), could someone point me in the direction of a good 'how to' website, book, magazine or TAFE course?

I have purchased Photoshop Elements 7 recently and have plenty of ideas, but am struggling with the help section of the programme.  I'm not saying it is crap, more that I don't have the patience.  I have seen a couple of different digital photography magazines- maybe they are a good place to start?

I've got the very basics like sharpening images, colour changes etc but want to move on to selecting areas of pics for deletion, copying etc and am having a few dramas.

Send me a pm or email if you don't want to send this topic too far from the Hearse.

Old Holdens Never Die Because Fools Like Me Keep Them Going
NES304
Guru

Model: FC

Yes Dear

nes304
View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2009, 03:29:39 PM »

Hi Moon,

I have thought about this for some time, I wouldn't have called it a hearse, I would have rather called it an FC Nomad.
What about "The Pope Mobile"?

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: