FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 07, 2024, 08:22:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: everyday driver  (Read 5087 times)
rustyholden

qld club member

View Profile
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:16:40 PM »

Guys have been seriously thinking about using my fe as an eveyday driver,does anybody do this and what success have you had?I know its a curly question but my wife has doubts about its ability because of its age and the fact that it would need a small amount spent to get it right.what are your thoughts?
REDMR2RED
vic-club

Model: FC

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:11:02 PM »

I use my stock FC Ute as a daily driver (work horse actually) took it to the All Holden day will the back full of tools and building materials.  The only thing I did was a brake booster to increase stopping power in today's traffic.  And they work a treat.   Grin

Red

1959 FC Holden Ute
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2009, 05:19:26 PM »

http://fefcholden.org.au/forum/index.php/topic,13665.msg82960.html#msg82960

Hi Rustyholden

You might find the above thread interesting.

Kathi

NosFEratu
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2009, 10:57:04 AM »

Gday all,

As yet another victim of the GFC (I hate acronyms) I have recently been stripped of my company car (08 VE Commadore Ute) and as such am on the market for a daily driver!  Of course I don't want to shell out too much of my own cash so have ruled out going down the new car route (considering I could have kept my VZ SS Commadore ute prior to being given a company vehicle).

As such I have decided to go down the older daily driver route, Im looking at HR-HQ.  If Im going to be driving a cheap car I may as well enjoy it.  Drove my FC as a daily drive for about 12 months back in 2004 (last time it was registered), went like a trooper even with a 50yo engine that had never been touched.  Keep the oil and water up to it and it'll never stop!

MICK
rustyholden

qld club member

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2009, 02:19:12 PM »

After your replies my decision has been made,get a new wife and drive my car.   cheers paul viner
surferboy
wa-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

10,000 POINTS !

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2009, 02:47:21 PM »

Isn't it nice to meet somebody who has his priorities in the correct order  Grin

Cool Cool Cool

cruisin's great with a 58
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2009, 06:16:35 PM »

After your replies my decision has been made,get a new wife and drive my car.   cheers paul viner

Like we say in the NSW club, "you can sleep in your car but you can't drive your house" Grin

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
greyone

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2009, 10:37:07 PM »

even better when when you got a camper seat
mal,
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2009, 10:52:11 PM »

As such I have decided to go down the older daily driver route, Im looking at HR-HQ.  If Im going to be driving a cheap car I may as well enjoy it.  Drove my FC as a daily drive for about 12 months back in 2004 (last time it was registered), went like a trooper even with a 50yo engine that had never been touched.  Keep the oil and water up to it and it'll never stop!

MICK

only unfortunate thing these days a "cheap" HR - HQ is hard to find Grin
i do think i know what you mean though by cheap $3,000 - $5,000 only time you'll suffer though is summer Cry
mickusmickus

Brisbane, Queensland

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 12:38:32 PM »

haha yes ratbox summer will not be enjoyable, plan is (and my partner dosent know this), drive it for winter and possibly a little beyond, by which time I should have my company car back, then slot the old girl into the shed as another TOY!

Things are going to get hostile if and when I have to part with it hahahahaha
ratbox

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 08:08:10 PM »

haha yes ratbox summer will not be enjoyable, plan is (and my partner dosent know this), drive it for winter and possibly a little beyond, by which time I should have my company car back, then slot the old girl into the shed as another TOY!

Things are going to get hostile if and when I have to part with it hahahahaha

do as others do when the "forced sale" comes along if it's worth $5,000 advertise it for $10,000  Grin if it goes don't tell the missus about the profit  Wink if it doesn't sell you've got the sad face and well i tried  Grin Grin
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: