FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 08, 2024, 12:18:03 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Body numbers for Ken  (Read 7342 times)
Eaton_FE
wa-club

Model: FE

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 29, 2009, 05:42:08 PM »

Ken
These are the numbers on an FC van in Lower King (Albany) that is being restored

FC-2104-3751-A
Trim 196-654
Paint 256-2100

RPO 333

FC-2467-P
The van has two windows on each side, has colour coded headlight surounds and tail lights, but the gril is chrome.
It has also been factory fitted with indicators (red flashing type)
Colour is currently Lt green

Les
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2009, 07:12:32 PM »

Thanks Les, much appreciated

Regards  Ken
gbkimmo

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2009, 10:32:37 PM »

Hi Ken. I'm wondering if you might have any history on this car, body number: FC 225-27206-S     Trim: 4-627    Paint: 253-6258  Chassis number :FC-47654-S  Engine number L580248.
I have just purchased this car from a restorer in Syd, Alfio, and am keen to try and work out its past life. 
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 12:09:15 AM »

If you just bought his black FC I'd say you got a fantastic car. Are you sure he doesn't know the history of it?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
CraigA
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 06:48:16 AM »

Are you sure he doesn't know the history of it?

Do a search on here and you'll find out. Roll Eyes

Or maybe the 'restorer' can fill us in.
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 09:25:24 PM »

gbkimmo, Alfio's black FC was the topic of discussion a long while ago and started with his purchasing a fairly sad old original black FC from an unknown source. He replaced the shell with a better one and according to my records, both the chassis number and engine number are correct for the body number.

Only Alfio can tell you the original source of the car as I had no record of it before Alfio got it.

Ken

gbkimmo

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2009, 08:55:06 PM »

Thanks Ken. I have seen some less than charitable comments in other areas regarding my purchase. I hope all is well in this regard.
Spinner
nsw-club

Whitewalls - more than 'just' a way of life.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2009, 10:30:01 PM »

gbkimmo,

Politics aside, that car is very very good.  If you haven't taken delivery of it yet, you'll be quite happy with it.

(0414) 49-6706.  d5461 on Ebay.
FC-V8

Not enough hours in the day

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2009, 10:30:58 PM »

gbkimmo
           Congrats on your purchase of Alfio's Black FC. I did a lot of the mechanical work on this car & I seen all the hardwork that went into its restoration. I know you would have seen some post from people having a shot at Alfio, but as far as the car is concerned it would have to be one of the most immaculate FC'S I have seen & I have seen a fair few over the years. All the best with the car & I am sure you are going to enjoy many years of happy motoring in it.

Cheers
Glenn,

What it to rev ? install a CHEV !
0401-065-201
gbkimmo

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2009, 10:43:12 PM »

Have to say guys, Alfio has been great to deal with and the effort gone into this car is remarkable. I'll leave the politics well alone. 
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2009, 10:59:19 PM »

Just trying to get my head around all this Huh have to ask has this car been ''REBIRTHED'' Technically speaking Huh Huh Huh Huh  ......FC427........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
customFC
nsw-club
Guru

Ask me about microwaving cats for fun or profit.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2009, 11:49:20 PM »

Hey FC427.
IMHO...NO!
"Rebirthing" is a negative term used when someone is trying to make a profit by taking the identity of a car, usually damaged, and using it to pass off a second car, usually stolen, as the first car.

As far as I know, Alfio took 2 cars which he legally owned and in need of restoration and used the best bits from both to create 1 better car. I guess you could say he "rebodied" the black car if you need to put a term on it.

I guess it's a bit like Grandpa's axe. It's had 4 heads and 3 handles, but it's still Grandpa's axe!

This practice has legitimacy, as Holden themselves produced FE/FC body shells that could be used to repair cars, usually when damaged due to an accident. Wouldn't we all love to come across a NOS body shell in a shed somewhere.  Cool

Regards
Alex

Rabbitoh
vic-club

Model: FE

FE - 'King of Cars'

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2009, 08:17:36 AM »

This practice has legitimacy, as Holden themselves produced FE/FC body shells that could be used to repair cars, usually when damaged due to an accident. Wouldn't we all love to come across a NOS body shell in a shed somewhere.  Cool

Regards
Alex
I know about this first hand, my FE sedan has a new body (from 1961) and the part number of same (ie. a Business sedan body assembly) is the only thing stamped on the body i.d. plate! Cheesy

Fortius Quo Fidelius 1966; Saints' 2nd in 2024?
Bunnies' 22nd in 2025?
Spinner
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 11:17:16 PM »

Yes,

About 10 years ago I came across a NOS HD Sedan and a HR Sedan sedan shell, Holden replacement parts.  These bodies had all swinging panels fitted and were painted in primer.

Two years ago, at a panel beater in Yennora, I watched a load (3) of new BA sedan shells get unloaded.  Again, as per teh HD & HR, they were complete bodies, but painted white.  At teh time, Ford was selling them for some ridiculous price (less than $10k).

mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 06:56:55 PM »

As others have said gb, the car is remarkable in many ways and none of Alfio's previous dealings were anything to do with you, so I would offer a generous welcome to you as a new FC owner and hope that you get the very best from the forum.
I would reiterate what Alex has said. Nothing illegal has occurred here as far as I can see

Regards Ken
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 09:49:18 PM »

Spinner - was that rediculous cheap or rediculous expensive?

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Spinner
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 11:39:16 PM »

I thought cheap. They were complete bodies with all panels fitted up.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: