FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 06:00:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Holden Wagon Colours HELP  (Read 21608 times)
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« on: January 12, 2009, 08:20:06 AM »

Guys we are close to sending the FC  wagon model for production and I very much need your assistance in realising what would be the most popular two tone colour scheme for a special wagon.
I really need your help to get this right so please make the effort you voice your opinion. We hope to produce the most accurate 1/43rd model of a wagon to date and the FC ute will follow then the FE wagon and ute if the FC is successful. Please assist.
Regards
Red Devil
Wayne
nsw-club
Guru

I Love my FE

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2009, 10:55:00 AM »

Hi
What about a 2 tone Blue or Green I know I will get in trouble for this suggestion a 2tone Gray or Red and White. You could even have one of the colors with white.
WAYNE
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 11:58:17 AM »

Hooeey, that's a hard one, a bit like when one's partner asks which outfit you like - you KNOW what the answer must be.

I suspect if you asked 20 people this question, you'd get 20 different answers and the only one you wouldn't get is for a single tone example Grin. I suggest you look at the Technical section for the various colour combos and then model them in FE/FC Paint tools section. It might be an idea to avoid combos that Trax have already done.

Ken McLean would know for sure, but looking at the paint code list FC combos appear to start at 254 which is Wangarra over Ascot Grey, the two tones prior to that look to be FE combos.

Hope this helps a little.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2009, 01:51:40 PM »

The best way to find out would be to put up a poll in the General area of some combos and go from there.
If you pick the most popular colours by the build totals you run the risk of having duds because favourite colours back in the day aren't necessarily what is liked now.
Personally I like the Aqua/White combo, mainly because my wagon is that.

red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2009, 05:24:11 PM »

Thanks Stinky, hey nice looking ride you have and I like the combo a lot. I hope the club gets behind this model and has a lot of input as it will possibly be the only FC wagon ever built for an awful long time and we intend to get it as right as the manufacturing process will allow.
Thanks for your input.
Red Devil
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2009, 09:34:35 PM »

You certainly wouldn't want to go with historical data - the most popular colours were grey and white followed by 2 tone grey.
IMHO the most popular colours today have blue in them - either 2 tone blue, and there were a few original combinations, or blue and white.
Red and white is popular as well - but so few genuine red and white wagons exist that there are not many on the road. Red and White would be the most commonly "faked" original colour scheme by a long way.

Ken
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2009, 06:35:57 AM »

Thanks Ken, red and white is my choice but I have to leave my feelings out of this and do justice to the model and what is correct. Thanks for taking the time all this info helps a great deal. We have commissioned one of the best model companies on the planet for this exercise with the view of creating a premium model. As stated we hope to follow with the ute and then the FE in wagon and ute.
Regards
John
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2009, 11:04:24 AM »

Really - if you follow Trax at all - and you should if you're making models - you would see how long it takes to sell each of the FC's which were released. Just looking at the last 4;
The red and white sold very quickly
Don't do Terraglow and Ivory - it was a dog
The 2 tone blue one sold out much quicker than the green and white one

I'm not 100 % convinced that you guarantee a winner just by carefully choosing by some analytical method the most popular colour scheme of all time. Any popular colour will do IMHO. OK OK I agree that the pink car looking back was a mistake (you FC people need to get in touch with your feminine sides Grin)
But 2 tone green, green and white, 2 tone blue, blue and white, brown and white, red and white, black and white, black and yellow, tan and white all look good and would all be successful. Even grey and white and 2 tone grey would be successful if the model is good - however Trax have told me that they purposefully steer away from grey as a colour Tongue

To this time Trax have not done a Corsair Tan and India Ivory FC model - there's a thought.

The other point I would make is that if you can find an edge it helps. I particularly like the models which have advertising on the side, or parts in the back, or a stripe kit, or something else which makes them novel.
Evidence this by the FC taxi series - who would have believed you could sell 6 FC taxis. People loved them because they were different.

Ken
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 13, 2009, 01:17:53 PM »

Ken, in your defence - since I criticised the Terraglow car earlier elsewhere - IMHO if the pink car had been painted in Terraglow as you intended, rather than candy pink, the model would have been as pretty as you imagined it would be and was not a mistake, the execution was the problem.

Its odd that Trax say they steer away from grey, as they currently offer a grey EK sedan and ute and a grey XK F****n.

I really don't care what colours the model is, provided the colours are authentic and accurate, but would prefer it wasn't bright red.

Cheers

John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
CraigA
nsw-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 13, 2009, 01:29:20 PM »

To this time Trax have not done a Corsair Tan and India Ivory FC model - there's a thought

I think you know where my vote will go  Grin
greyone

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 13, 2009, 05:26:51 PM »

I can,t see a problem with polished undercoat sorry I mean grey &grey
regards greyone
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2009, 06:11:05 PM »

I would go for the yellow and black combo every time because it is such a classic.  So the only solution is to have more than one colour scheme available.

I can't wait to get my hands on one (or more) of these.

Cheers
David

red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2009, 08:26:10 PM »

Thanks Ken, 70 XU1, David and John, this sort of feedback is vital and accurate. I must say the Corsair Tan and white has a good feel. Can anyone now help with the exchange rate, it's killing us. Thank you again it really helps us get it right.
Red Devil
John
KFH
qld-club

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2009, 11:12:10 PM »

My vote is for Blue/white combo or white/black combo

Keith

I was born with nothing and still have most of it left
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 06:42:57 AM »

Thanks Kieth appreciate your input it all helps.
Red Devil
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2009, 11:42:36 AM »

I can't say as how I can qualify this but heres a thought.

All "GOLD"

50th Anniversary edition since Trax won't do one.....

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2009, 03:13:39 PM »

Interesting but probably not the most popular, however as a limited edition anniversary model it has merit.
Thank you for your time and interest.
Regards
John
ridgey_didge
act-club

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2009, 04:44:29 PM »

John,

We all humour Paul, but there is no call for being that polite when he has one of his "ideas" - it only encourages him.  Wink

Cheers
David

red_devil
nsw-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2009, 06:39:38 PM »

ohhhhhh, I still luv ya Paul who ever you are.......................
Red Devil
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2009, 04:21:24 PM »

We know you leprechauns are obsessed with your gold Paul, but a gold FC Shocked Wink Cheesy Cheesy
                                                                 Pedro

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: