FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
October 01, 2024, 06:33:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Tool Kit  (Read 1848 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: December 28, 2008, 07:22:08 PM »

Compliments of the season everyone.

I am in the process of working my way through my FC wagon and have reached the spare tyre compartment. Water has leaked in and has surface rusted everything including the jack and tools, so I need to clean it all up. Dumb question number one - is it safe to use a wire wheel in there? no apparent fuel leaks around the sender.

I need to repaint the jack, is there a code for the orange colour, or a close match in an aerosol? Does anyone know how the jack and handle is stored in there?

The tool bag is silver - is this correct? - and contains a tyre lever, combination plug and wheel nut spanner, a small pair of pliers, very short wood handled screw driver and two sidchrome ring spanners I'm sure aren't original. Is this all that should be there?

Thanks and regards
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2008, 08:54:55 PM »

John, so long as you're careful around the sender area, you SHOULD be able to use a wire wheel - lets face it if you find some rust holes, they were never gonna go away by leaving them alone were they?

Don't know a code for the jack - It's usually just tucked in beside the wheel - In a resto, a bit of rag around the jack helps stop scratches.

The tool bag was made from scraps of material and a number of different colours and edge strips were used, The pattern was always similar with a flap top and two press stud type clips.

Tools consist of a spark plug / wheel nut tube spanner
a hub cap remover that doubles as a handle for the tube spanner
a pair of pliers with a slip in the joint to accommodate small and large grips
a Turner screwdriver with an orange plastic handle

Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2008, 11:27:11 PM »

Thanks very much Ken, as always.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: