FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 07:42:21 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Mags  (Read 2692 times)
spanner

Model: FE

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2008, 06:41:22 PM »

I want to buy a new set of Mags for the van. It has standard early stud pattern with a HR DB front end.
Is it possible to get 14" or maybe 15" under the guards or would I have to stick to 13".
Having asked that, what would be available in the old stud patten.
Looking for something shiny/ chromey and 4 or 5 spoke.
Can anyone save me some legwork so that when I go into the dealer I have a bit of an idea what I'm after.
Cheers Graham
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2008, 07:04:48 PM »

Spanner These days the sky is the limit for mags a lot of wheels come blank and are drilled to suit so 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, inch and so on can all fit with the rolling diameter staying around standard or lower depending on your taste made possible with low profile tyres, but the lower the profile the harder the ride will be  the price seems to be the bigest concern these days..........FC427...........

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
spanner

Model: FE

Mackay QLD

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2008, 09:43:53 PM »

So if I work out the backset and go to the dealer I should be ok. The problem I have with the hotwires on the van at the moment is that the offset is wrong on the front and I have a spacer fitted to stop it rubbing. Not ideal so a new set seems like the go. A larger Dia rim may get it over the top ball joint where it is catching but I'm hoping I don't create a problem somewere else.
Wheels and tyres are not something I'm to clued up on.
Graham
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: