FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:30:00 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Replace King Pins or HR front end?  (Read 2388 times)
EJ_Dave

View Profile
« on: November 22, 2002, 02:46:17 AM »

I have noticed some play in the king pins of my daily driver EJ. Would it be cheaper to have them replaced or put in an HR front end? I know the HR front will be better in the long run but cash is a bit tight at the moment.

Another factor is that I would probably get a mechanic to do the king pins (looks too difficult for me) but I could probably swap the front end myself.

Any advice would be appreciated. Also if anyone in the Canberra area has an HR front end they would be willing to sell I'd love to hear from you. I have HR steering linkages already

Thanks,

David
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 11:34:28 AM »

Dave, if you can change the HR front end, you can change king pins easily.  Rare Spares do a change over you give them your old ones - they give you new ones.
Simple.
Would be a much cheaper alternative than the HR set up once you discover the ball joints need doing and the wheel cylinders need sleeving etc etc etc.

Ken
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: