FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 19, 2024, 06:35:59 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Twin Carbies  (Read 7549 times)
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« on: December 03, 2002, 06:13:00 AM »

G'Day Holden lovers,need info on twin strommies on grey,has anyone fitted them to there car and then regretted it,or is it the way to go
Jockster

Old Holdens never die they just go faster

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2002, 12:39:08 PM »

:)I have just fitted twin carbs to my FC, but I am running a hot red motor. They were a big improvement over the 350 Holly that was on it. Many years ago I had another FC running a hot grey motor and ran twins on that, it was pretty good, but went even better when I fitted triple downdraft stronbergs to it and actually improved fuel mileage as well. There are stil plent of twin and triple manifolds for sale at swap meets, but the right carbs are harder to get now

Cars are my life not just my work
FCwagon
vic-club

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2002, 09:03:34 PM »

I've fitted twin carbs to a few greys I've owned & never regretted the move. Fitted in conjunction with extractors, the power improvement (albeit small on a stock motor) is well appreciated.
On a stock motor you need to run 2 stock carbies which should be in good condition if you want good fuel economy.
cheers,
Leigh

Red & white is alright
2brite
wa-club

Cruizin's devine in a '59

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2002, 08:05:40 AM »

okay thanks alot
brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2002, 10:39:53 AM »

Hi Jockster did Kathy or Greg send you some info on the club mate?

1959 Black Std sedan
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 01, 2003, 12:26:37 AM »

Smiley Well folks the only performance carby to fit is 600CFM D/P holley.  As long as you have control over your right foot!!!  Driven with a gradual depressing foot during the initial 5-10 metres and then pushed to the floor, explosive acceleration will be experienced.  However driven sedately using only the primaries, lively performance and good fuel economy are experienced.  Plus there is a considerable "wow" factor.  This conversion costs a little over $1,000 and is real value and a considerable bang for bucks.  Regards Greg.  Wink

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Effie C

Model: other Holden

Still Lost & Confused

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2003, 01:00:21 AM »

Smiley Well folks the only performance carby to fit is 600CFM D/P holley.  As long as you have control over your right foot!!!  Driven with a gradual depressing foot during the initial 5-10 metres and then pushed to the floor, explosive acceleration will be experienced.  However driven sedately using only the primaries, lively performance and good fuel economy are experienced.  Plus there is a considerable "wow" factor.  This conversion costs a little over $1,000 and is real value and a considerable bang for bucks.  Regards Greg.  Wink

G'Day
600 Holley on a grey Huh, could be a case of severe overkill  Roll Eyes.If going this way don't forget the bucket at end of exhaust pipe to catch the excess petrol so that it can be recycled Grin
Good Luck
John M

LIVE LIFE ONE DAY AT A TIME,FOR TOMORROW MAY NEVER COME!

Photo Site:http://img53.photobucket.com/albums/v161/EffieC/
slim
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Ring 0420768346 for genuine FE/FC parts.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2003, 01:37:37 AM »

I agree John , That size Holley on a grey motor, I dont think so. I have had v8s that  carby is even too big for, Maximum Holley size for a grey in my opinion is 350cfm, but I find Holleys unsuited altogether for a grey, Strommies the way to go.  Just my opinion for what its worth.     SLIM

Im located at Liverpool, NSW
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2003, 02:41:50 AM »

Hey Guys, Greg was replying to the guy who just fitted twin carbs to his FC and was running a hot RED motor.  Cheers, HOTLIPS (Kathleen).

brads59

OLD OLDENS=STYLE

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2003, 01:51:56 AM »

Hi Greg and Kathy,
                            Have you guys got the internet at home now?If so welcome aboard.Ill see you at the next meeting,unless i get an invite to your BBQ. Wink
Not sure when it is thats all.Anyway happy new year.
CHEERS.....BRAD...

1959 Black Std sedan
Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 03, 2003, 12:43:26 AM »

Cheesy Cheesy Hey Brad, sorry Greg and I have not obtained the internet yet but hopefully soon.  The Free Members BBQ is on 19/1/03 (Sunday) so come along with your family for a great luncheon.  BYO alcohol and chairs.  Just let me or Greg know how many are coming  Huh.  Thanks, Kathleen.  Wink

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2003, 12:32:29 PM »

make sure you get a matched pair of carbs as each size red motor has different size carb even though they look the same on outside, have had twins and holley on greys years ago and the twins are great when set up well

nicko
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2003, 12:40:32 PM »

sorry i forgot to mention,we always used the ones from a 149 as they were a great size ,should be easy to find out what jets  sizes they were.from a holden dealership

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: