FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
September 21, 2024, 10:38:30 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Graveyards  (Read 1638 times)
kleetus

View Profile
« on: June 21, 2008, 04:03:16 AM »

On a recent mid life crisis surfing trip I wandered over to the South Coast of NSW (from NE Vic) and couldn't help but notice that tucked away in some paddocks here and there were some fairly substantial Car Graveyards. I particularly remember one somewhere coming down the divide to I think was Merrimbula. Are these at all documented in any regard? Is it a NSW thing? Just curious and shitty that I didn't stop and take more notice. Cheeeeeeeeers!
mcl1959
vic-club
Guru

FE's rule

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2008, 01:02:21 PM »

They tend to be everywhere across Australia, but the price of scrap steel is quickly consuming them. I know of a number that have disappeared recently

Ken
JB
qld-club
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2008, 03:11:05 PM »

That particular one in Merimbula had been there for about 50 years with all sorts of old stuff, but the then owner wasn't really keen on selling stuff. After he died they had an estate auction getting rid of about half of the cars that were there. I think that this was nearly 10 years ago, so not really sure what is there now.

Cheers
jason.

Phone +64 223509263
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: