FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
June 06, 2024, 12:54:15 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction  (Read 13147 times)
mrs EffCees mum

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 19, 2008, 09:49:13 PM »

Hello all,

I have just joined in the forum, mostly to see what my son in law (EffCee) and daughter Mrs EffCee (naturally) are up to  Roll Eyes

Actually, it was really to find out what had finally got Sandra into reading message boards and sending messages, I have been telling her how much fun I have been having on the 'net' for years now and she usually just rolls her eyes and thinks it's a waste of time. Undecided

And of course I have to keep an eye on that son in law of mine  Wink since I heard he has been telling tales out of school. Wish I could find a photo of that FC van from all those years ago, unfortunately once Sandra was on the way it had to be sold for a sedan, couldn't put a baby in the back of the panel van now, could we.

You sound like a great bunch of enthusiasts and I am sure will give Keith heaps of encouragement to finish the car - as opposed to the type of encouragement he will get from Sandra if he doesn't  Smiley sorry darling, couldn't resist.

I have been reading here for an hour or so now, but none of you seem to be up to the standard of my ex - he used to get me helping him remove gear boxes and motors etc, then the rotter would lay a tarp on the lounge room carpet and proceed to strip the gearbox, thank god the landlord didn't do inspections in those days is about all I can say.

Aahhhh, those were the days, not!!!!

Loved looking at the pics of all the cars, some of you have obviously spent many hours and dollars on your labour of love and I look forward to seeing Keiths car finished and on the road.... hope I live that long.... be very careful how you reply to that comment Keith.

Joanne aka Mrs EffCee's mum
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #21 on: May 19, 2008, 10:19:48 PM »

Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin nice one joanne  Grin Grin Grin Grin
with keiths experience and knowledge and obvious passion it wont be that long before his car is on the road.

there are people on this forum who are very good at motivating and ensuring that schedules be met. Wink

you know i dont have to mention any names, now do i ? Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 19, 2008, 10:50:12 PM »

you know i dont have to mention any names, now do i ? Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink

you talking 'bout me Smithy?

Welcome Mrs EffCee's Mum

We just came in from "finding" the back garage again and opened up this thread thinking Dean had replied to Sandra's thread and what a surprise I got!  Both John and I had a good laugh and we hope you enjoy having a read and broadening your wealth of knowledge too.

I think it's hilarious about Sandra's aversion to FC's - what a classic way to embarrass your child - I love it!!!!   Wink 

Now I know I don't have to add Keith to my hit list for weekly updates - he has a his own army of "foremans" to keep him on his schedule. And I am sure you will definitely be one of the first few (after Sandra of course!) to go cruisin' in Keith's FC.  Enjoy!  Cheesy

Kathi  Cool 

NosFEratu
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: May 20, 2008, 08:05:17 AM »

you talking 'bout me Smithy?
  Wink Wink Wink Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Grin Grin Grin Grin Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink Wink noooo would i do that to you kathi Wink ,

it was a compliment to the many on here that provide this service

it was easeir than writing everyone down. Grin Grin Grin Grin

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 20, 2008, 10:24:46 AM »

Hi Mum! Can I call you that? Do you make lamingtons? Geez, I miss those, and yo-yo biscuits, violet crumble, family snack bar, musk sticks, bee stings, paddle pops....

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 20, 2008, 11:02:44 AM »

Now I know I don't have to add Keith to my hit list for weekly updates - he has a his own army of "foremans" to keep him on his schedule.

Take a ticket and stand in line Kathi, if you wish to also be one of the "Petticoat Government Officials" that wish to keep me on track.

Grin Grin

I am more than happy to have the extra pressure. It WILL keep me motivated Wink

I would hate to have you feel left out Wink

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 20, 2008, 11:31:03 AM »

Hey Paul - don't forget the yummy litttle jelly cakes!  Cheesy (the baby coloured lamingtons with cream )

And Keith - I honestly don't think I'm needed on this one!  I'm pretty sure you will be well and truly reminded of your need to post updates - your fore(wo)men/cheer squad will do a good job of hassling reminding you !  Cheesy

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 20, 2008, 11:48:21 AM »

I have been reading here for an hour or so now, but none of you seem to be up to the standard of my ex - he used to get me helping him remove gear boxes and motors etc, then the rotter would lay a tarp on the lounge room carpet and proceed to strip the gearbox, thank god the landlord didn't do inspections in those days is about all I can say.

Jo,

When I first moved from racing old Holdens at Mt Ginn raceway to racing sprintcars I didn't have anywhere to put a sprintcar together. I had just got it completed when I was informed that the landlord wanted to do an inspection. You should have seen the look on my landlords face when she walked in and saw the sprintcar (complete with wings, engine etc) sitting in the loungeroom......... Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Your daughter keeps me under control..... Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed Embarrassed

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 20, 2008, 11:52:05 AM »

and obviously she does a bl@@dy good job at it too!  Grin

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 20, 2008, 01:34:00 PM »

Too good a job Wink

Not long after Sandra and I met and Sandra wanted to have a look at my house. I asked my son, Peter if he would stay home fron school and get all the car parts out of the house and put them in a garden shed. I promised him $50.00 for him to do this. When I took Sandra over later, I was amazed at how good a job he had done, but Sandra was disappointed that there were still car parts inside. Pete had resorted to standing at the door of the garden shed and throwing parts in to try and get it all to fit.

I didn't tell Sandra for quite some time of what I had got Peter to do. I still think that was the best $50.00 I have ever spent! Grin Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 20, 2008, 02:43:28 PM »

Sounds like a very good investment seeing as you ended up snagging her!

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
mrs EffCees mum

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 20, 2008, 08:10:27 PM »

When I first moved from racing old Holdens at Mt Ginn raceway to racing sprintcars I didn't have anywhere to put a sprintcar together. I had just got it completed when I was informed that the landlord wanted to do an inspection. You should have seen the look on my landlords face when she walked in and saw the sprintcar (complete with wings, engine etc) sitting in the loungeroom.........   

Well Keith, that just moved you up a notch on the mother in law list  Smiley

Paul in Ireland, yes you can call me mum  Cheesy, especially if I ever get to Ireland to further my family history research, but sorry I don't do lamingtons, jelly cakes etc. just biscuits and muffins for my gorgeous grandchildren, another thing I have to thank Keith for, he and Sandra make beautiful kids, that doesn't make me sound toooo biased does it?

Oh and Keith don't worry I won't be on this message board every night to harass you, just sometimes when I feel the need to put s**t on you  Grin then again, I am finding out more about you here than I have in the 8 or however many years I have known you, Pete sure knew how to earn the money didn't he, bet Sandy wouldn't fall for that now.

Joanne

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: May 24, 2008, 09:42:25 AM »

Geez Mum, if you call over you can have the west wing of the mansion all to yourself. We don't stand on ceremony, don't tip the house maids or the Butler and stay for as long as you want.

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: