FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 01:26:31 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: expensive grill badge !!!!!  (Read 9908 times)
smithy
Guru

yeah its purple !

View Profile WWW
« on: April 30, 2008, 06:05:03 PM »

was watching a grill badge on evil bay just out of curiosity and was quite suprised at the final price.
it was surround only no insert, pitted and what looked to be in average condition, i thought it would go for under $100  Item number: 380020015192 

sold for $177.00 Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

is it just me or did someone just make a tidy sale, i know these things are rare as rocking horse poop but the price of some of this stuff is getting crazy !!!!!!!

i may be getting older, but i refuse to grow up!
Sideplate
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 06:49:10 PM »

Dean, I wouldnt say they were that rare but they do seem to fetch a good price.  I would think a Wilsonia gauge is harder to come buy than a grill badge.  I have come across quite a few in the last few years and have sold a few.  Next one I get though I will keep and at present I know of 3 that hopefully will be available.  Ebay is a 24 hr auction, and I even get caught up in it........... sometimes I think blokes from capital cities have it hard trying to find bits and its too easy to just buy from ebay.  I have quite a lot of stuff here but am a bit reluctant to go ebay even though I know I would get a good price.  Id rather swap, barter etc for bits.  I know someone who buys em up (grill badges) but will never use em.......) I came across a bloke a the 06 nats who puffed out his chest and said he had I think 5 NOS FE bonnet badges but would never part with them............why?Huh? might just like people to know he has them I guess.  I have found car clubs to be a lot like this with people who chase the same bits. Tongue
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FC

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2008, 07:31:23 PM »

I bought 2 grill badges from Queanbeyan swap a couple of years back $25 for the pair the one with pitting I sold at a swap for $125 the other went to ebay and made nearly $300 it was in real nice shape wish I kept it but I bought a set of Recaro seats with the money  .......FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2008, 11:38:48 PM »

I know someone who buys em up (grill badges) but will never use em.......) I came across a bloke a the 06 nats who puffed out his chest and said he had I think 5 NOS FE bonnet badges but would never part with them............why?Huh? might just like people to know he has them I guess.  I have found car clubs to be a lot like this with people who chase the same bits. Tongue

huh, i thought you were going to say
 "I came across a bloke a the 06 nats who puffed out his chest and said "I have one on each nipple""

i keep lots of junk if i know its not worth selling, but if i can see a better spot for it or find someone with a suitable car for it i happily offload it for a cheap price or nothing.

NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2008, 11:41:28 PM »

i tried selling one with no pitting at a club meeting a couple of years ago, i needed petrol money, i offered it for $20, there were a few ums and ahs but no one bought it.

Paul In Ireland
Guru

Model: FE and FC

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 05:53:26 AM »

FCCOOL - I'll give you $25... Grin

The International FE FC Fleet of Ireland
Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 07:00:49 PM »

I'll make it $30  Wink Grin

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 07:59:18 PM »

Hell,

I'll go all out and give you $50.00 Grin Grin Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
FC0058
qld-club
Guru

Jim Altmann
View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 10:34:56 PM »

Leon
If it comes with the original insert I will give you $100 if its in really good nic and all there I might be swayed to double my offer  Wink

Cheers Jim

Forgiveness is easier than permission.
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2008, 06:40:46 AM »

$200 already - no wonder the other one went so high.

I will politely drop out of this "auction", then again since it aint real:

$205...

Education is where you read the fine print. Experience is what you get when you don't.
NO NAME

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2008, 07:39:19 AM »

well someone should have bought it when i had it at the meeting, now its stashed somewere in my other shed were i just packed everything from this shed.
it has good chrome, it had meccano peices holding it to the grill, the plastic was pretty good but repainted.

rat

Model: FE

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2008, 09:39:26 AM »

who needs ebay we have fe&fc bay Roll Eyes
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 10:02:20 AM »

$200 already - no wonder the other one went so high.

I will politely drop out of this "auction", then again since it ain't real:

$205...  I can beat that offer I WILL GIVE YOU A "FULL TANK OF FUEL" [remember you only wanted fuel money] in this fictional Auction .....FC427......

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 10:28:19 AM »

The way fuel is going soon we will need $2oo to fill the tank Roll Eyes Cheesy

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
Paul In Ireland
Guru

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 04:28:39 PM »

In aus$'s it cost me $170 to fill my diesel VW transporter the other day (80 litres).

fc4me

I love YaBB 1 Gold!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 07:57:02 AM »

Just filled the patrol ute yesterday and in cost me $270 !! Good excuse to buy a bike now.
RET
Administrator
Guru

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2008, 05:41:19 PM »

Just filled the patrol ute yesterday and in cost me $270 !!

My first car cost less than that. Undecided

But then again it was a Mazda Bongo van. If I'd ever put a full tank of fuel in it the useless thing would have been too heavy to move Wink Still, it was fun while it lasted. Which wasn't very long...

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2008, 08:40:35 PM »

My first car was an FC, cost me $20 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
NosFEratu
Guru

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2008, 10:50:10 PM »

My first car was an FC, cost me $20 Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

My first car was an FE, cost me $200 and I still have it!

My second car was an FE windowless van, cost me $375 and, by a twist of fate, I have got that one too! 

Kathi  Cool

NosFEratu
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2008, 11:19:45 PM »

My first car was a FC it cost $80 it came with 4 new chrome wheels and 12 months rego I have owned over 50 cars and I still chose to drive, what else but a FC ......FC427......

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: