FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:00:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: id plate info  (Read 1709 times)
retro

View Profile
« on: February 23, 2008, 05:33:32 PM »

I know this is an ongoing topic, but the fe special i have just aquired has the following numbers:

Id.FE225-s1648
Int 214-467A0
paint 256/7449
        253/7447

Please if possible let me know what colours she is, and has anyone got any pics to show me the combination.

She has been painted baby blue in the 1970's. But due to minor rust work will need to be repainted anyway.

Im thinking of donig a full rebuild, but have not 100% decided on what way i want to go in terms of stock/modified/rat rod or tidy.
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 06:17:45 PM »

Retro,

She was Breton Blue over Cabot Grey with Summit Blue and Cosmos Grey trim. Have a look in the Technical section on the homepage, you can decode the body plate and then go to Paint Tools and look at the colour your car was.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
Geoff_K
nsw-club

The 2 BAY s

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 10:44:42 PM »

Hi Retro,
You have a very early 1956 Sydney Build car.
My car is FE-225-2053-S (1053rd Car) and was built late August, Early September, and your car is before that FE-225-1648-S (648th Car).
(the early Sydney cars had the 'S' before the production no, but it is swapped around in my records to match all later tags)
Chassis number on left guard (behind battery) would be nice to have, but it is often darn hard to find, and even harder to read.
Cheers
Geoff_K
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: