FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 30, 2024, 01:01:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Are you a member of one of the FE-FC Holden Car Clubs of Australia ? If you are, get access to the Club-Member-only area of this discussion board. Send an IM to the board admin, including your real name and club to get access.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: 56 Olympics  (Read 7202 times)
Mooky

mooky

View Profile
« on: October 09, 2002, 03:56:37 AM »

I don't know if you have seen this photo, but it was taken during the 56 olympics torch run
Mooky

mooky

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2002, 10:01:14 AM »

RET I got your message about the URL.  I saved the picture on my hard drive from a web page, so how do I post it on the notice board?  Can i do it from my hard drive or do I need to supply the web address.  I also have a couple of photos of my ute that I will post once i work out how to do it.

PS. I am a computer gumbee!
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2002, 09:26:59 PM »

Mooky,

The image needs to get from your computer (back) to the internet so that the rest of us can see it.  You've got 3 options:

1.  Supply the address (or URL) of where on the internet you found the picture in the first place.  The simplest way to do this is to right-cick on the image on the page where you found it, and choose "Open Image in New Window".  When the new window appears with the picture in it, copy the location from the Address bar at the top (it will start http....) and paste that into your message between the [ img ] tags that appear when you click the little picture icon (replacing the letters URL between the tags).

2.  If the image is on your hard-drive, you can attach it to a message here as long as (a) you're logged in as a member, and (b) the image is in JPEG format (the name ends in .jpg) and (c) it is less than 64K in size.  When posting a reply (or if you want to edit your existing message), click on the "Browse..." button below where you type your message in, and you'll be prompted to pick the image.  Its location will appear in the "Attach:" text box below your message.  This method doesn't require the [ img ] tags, but is limited to one attachment per post.

3.  Publish your images to StarPhoto.  That's too long and involved to go into here, so follow the link and go through the help there on setting up your own photo album(s).  If you do this, follow the first set of instructions (above) to obtain the URL of a picture in your album for inclusion here.

Lastly, if you're linking to images on the internet (ie #1 or #3) always Preview your post.  That way you can see whether your link has worked correctly or not.

HTH

RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Mooky

mooky

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2002, 11:36:21 PM »

RET, I have been following step 2, to the letter.  I click on the browse button and select the photo(which ends in jpg)  when I go to check before posting the photo, the photo does not appear. After selecting browse is their a button for attachting the photo?
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2002, 12:21:00 AM »

Mooky,

You're not doing anything wrong.  The image will not be uploaded until you press "Post".  When attaching images you don't have to worry about making sure the address was right - that all gets taken care of.  It's only when adding a link that it's wise to double-check.

Hope that helps,
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Mooky

mooky

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2002, 09:59:19 PM »

Thanks RET, you just saved me a couple of thousand dollars, as my computer was getting very close to being thrown through the window!
Mooky

mooky

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2002, 10:01:03 PM »

Finally I think I have got the hang of it!
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2002, 11:06:13 AM »

A shot of one of the nice Olympic assistants, I'm sure you've all seen it before though... Wink
Cheers...

Cat
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2002, 06:38:31 AM »

Oooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....just look at that chrome  Shocked

Zoom zoom!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)