FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
July 03, 2024, 11:06:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Cruise to Kalangadoo  (Read 2937 times)
Johns

Model: something else...

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2007, 02:52:36 PM »

Hi everyone.

I was in the process of completing my Nats entry form when I noticed that the Sunday run is to Kalangadoo.

In January 1980, or thereabouts, I went on a road trip with then girlfriend to Mount Gambier, via Renmark in my "new" nearly 9 year old Electra Blue HG 186 Premier that I had just bought. She was a one owner single tone car with all the Nasco fruit including spats (which I hadn't seen before on one of these and which was a topic of some comment wherever I took her), venetians and a remote control drivers door mirror Cool. She (the car) was written off by a garbage truck, I still have the owners manual.

I'll never forget driving across the Hay Plain in 42 degree heat.

The point of this is that friend of ours knew the old lady who then owned Kalangadoo House and we stayed with her. I remember it as dark, damp and a bit scary (well I was only 24).

I hadn't thought of this trip or the house in years. It will be good to have a look at it again, if I get a chance.

Cheers
John

Now that I've got the beige with the grey, I'm looking for the cream, the bone, the ivory and the off white
HAD 708

Model: FE

Holdens and the Mighty Woodsmen truly magnificent

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 09:13:13 PM »

John
Cool story in a somewhat cool sounding HG electra blue! very 70,s!!!! I for one love the spats on H KTG i think they make them look all the more individualistic. Kalangadoo how far is that from Mt Gambier?Huh?
Thanks for the topical story
Brett

Brett Gillard
RET
Administrator
Guru

Model: FE

richard.e.thomas ret56fe
View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2007, 10:09:56 PM »

My opinion on spats is fairly well known, but I've never seen anything as utterly lame as those HK-T-G spats when fitted to a Monaro. Talk about sacrilege.

Great story though, John. That Electra Blue is a nice colour, but not for the Hay plains...

cheers
RET

OurCarClub.com.au is a web-based data management application, custom built for car clubs and their volunteer officials. More info...
Glenn 'Stinky' Stankevicius
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Willaston, South Australia

Glenn.Stankevicius
View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2007, 11:57:38 PM »

Kalangadoo is about 1/2 to 3/4 of an hour out of Mt Gambier

We got Nadia's Ute from a bloke that lives there, he still had a nice sedan in the shed too. Got to talking and it ended up he owned my FE Sedan at one stage, I might try and find his details and give him a "heads-up".
I got the sedan from another bloke just out of Mt Gambier.

Hotlips
sa-club

I love my EFFEE

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2007, 09:27:17 AM »

Hey Guys,  Kalangadoo is off the itinery as access and driving on their oval is a bit scary for our cars.  Pt MacDonnell is our venue for sports day. 
PS My ex still lives in Kalangadoo and I don't know of anybody else who would have owned a FC/FE there - could you fill me in Stinky??
Cheers Hotlips

I am woman, hear me ROAR - "vrrmm vrrmm"
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: