FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:02:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: Hayshed FC  (Read 130716 times)
Hewart
nsw-club

Model: FC

Holden on forever...

profile.php?id=1071847991 hewart
View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2010, 07:17:00 PM »

Awesome work Scott!!!! Congrats!

GOA350
vic-club

FE's are great when they've got a V8

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 29, 2010, 11:18:21 AM »

Hi Everyone,

Took the FC for some much needed k's and clocked up about 300 of them yesterday. Got her home and dropped the oil and put the detergent oil in and a new oil filter, then dumped the water out of the radiator to check the filter in the line and to put some fresh water in. It was the best thing i could have done. When i built this engine i spent alot of time scraping the water areas out and flushing them around the cylinders, while i had all the welsh plugs out, then i put a new water pump on and a new radiator. So when i put it all together i always put a piece of stocking in the top hose to filter the water before it returns into the radiator. After doing all of that cleaning and putting new parts in you would think that there would be no crap in the water system wouldn't you,     WRONG , after dropping the water i pulled my piece of stocking out and low and behold, there is bits of scale and sealant in there. It isn't stopping the water from circulating, but it could have blocked a tube in the radiator and made the radiator less efficient.
 I was always told that the 2 main weaknesses in a Grey Motor was the Crank shaft and oil system, and the cooling system, ie heads used to crack. So if you can improve these 2 areas then you should have a more reliable engine.

Anyway, back to taking the FC out for the day. After i left the Swap Meet i headed home, criusing along with my son in with me. I got home and rang the guy that gave me the car to see if he was going to be home if i came around, mind yuo he lives about 1 hour away.
 I spoke to his wife and she said he was at the golf course and you could catch up with him there. Anyway, i headed off to the golf course and waited for him to finish his round then took him to show him the FC. He was there with his son aswell, so i showed him all the work that i had done and how it had come up. Then i said that i will take him for a drive, so there was the 4 of us in the FC, and off we went. I drove for a little while then pulled up on the side of the road and offered for him to have a drfive, which he accepted. So he hopped into the FC's drivers seat and looked at the dash, grabbed the wheel, then this HUGE smile came up on his face, all the while he is explaining to his son, who is about 12, all the things they used to do in this car when they were kids. Anyway, he proceeded to put it into gear and take off, still with this smile on his face, then out on the open road and through the gears, here he was criusing down the road in the car that his parents used to pick him up from school in and take him on holidays in towing a caravan, then he said " Well i thought i would never see the day that i would drive this car ".
 We got the FC back to the Golf Course and talked some more then shook hands and away i went.
 It made me immensly proud that i could show this bloke a part of his child hood and let him remeniss a bit about his past and give him a father and son moment that i am sure he will cherish for ever. No amount of money can buy that but it does make it happen. These are the reasons we are into this hobby and if you haven't experienced this before, try it, it is very rewarding.
Cheers Scotty
JB
Guru

Model: FE

Jason Blanchard
View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 29, 2010, 11:31:26 AM »

Thats a sensational day you have had mate.

It takes a bit of effort to do what you have just done, to give someone that you don't really know a moment that they will never forget.

Good on ya mate.

JB

Phone +64 223509263
FC427
nsw-club
Guru

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 29, 2010, 12:05:56 PM »

Scott That is a real credit to you as a person, a very rewarding gesture Well done mate ......FC427.....

As I lay rubber down the street I pray for traction I can keep, but if I spin and begin to slide please dear god protect my ride
NosFEratu
Guru

Model: FE

F4+ =^^=

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 29, 2010, 12:17:44 PM »

Karma's gonna get ya mate - the good karma that is! Cheesy  Have a safe trip! 

NosFEratu
Maco
nsw-club

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 29, 2010, 05:22:55 PM »

Scotty,

That is awesome. Grin Grin

Cheers
John

Better in Green
REDMR2RED
vic-club

FC Ute's d'best

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 29, 2010, 05:36:23 PM »

Good on ya, Scott.  It's not everyone that would even think of doing that .... let alone do it.  I'm sure it will be a day he will talk about for ages.

And congratulations on getting the hayshed find ready for the Nationals.

1959 FC Holden Ute
NascoHunter
vic-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 29, 2010, 07:25:27 PM »

Good story Scott. See you on Thursday.
Cheers,
 Tony.
simins
vic-club

Our Toys

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 29, 2010, 07:50:27 PM »

top job Scott
FC_fer_me
vic-club

baby boomers luv FC's

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 29, 2010, 08:03:38 PM »

Well done Scott, I'm sure that bloke will have something to talk about whenever the subject of old cars is brought up. The old bloke I bought my project car off made me promise to bring it around when I finished it. I am going to put all the rebuild photos on a disc for him and take him for a spin when it's finished. It's a good feeling when you put a smile on their faces. Look forward to catching up at Orange. Cheers, Jack
EffCee
Guru

F4+

View Profile
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2010, 12:29:59 AM »

Well done Scott,

Great story, makes it all seem worth it to see the looks on their faces

Keith

Canberra, ACT

F4+ Wink
pedro
qld-club
Guru

If you haven't grown up by 50, you don't have to.

View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 30, 2010, 07:29:21 AM »

Good one scott, a story with a happy ending for all, who knows you might even have given his son the FE/FC bug.  Cool Cool

I love animals - they taste great

F4+
zulu
nsw-club
Guru

Model: FE and FC

Old Boonah Ambo

View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »

It makes it all worthwhile Scott,

I did this with our Green FE, when I finished it I took it back over to the original owners & to my surprise I was given 2 brand new hubcaps still sealed in their bags & set of uplift springs!

Looking forward to seeing the beast at Orange

Cheers, Gary
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2010, 01:27:12 PM »

Well it's the last day i will be on the Net to post anything, so i wish you all a happy and safe Easter, and without any further ado, all i can say is,

BRING IT ON
FCRB26
Guru

Model: FE and FC

peter.mallaby
View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2010, 08:34:41 PM »

Looks Like me and pedro have this forum to ourselfs.
Wish i was going now. Sad

Top job Scott

As has been said Karma will get the old girl to orange.

DN2168
nsw-club

See you on the road Skag!!

dean.nommensen
View Profile WWW
« Reply #155 on: April 07, 2010, 06:20:12 PM »

Scott, she looks even better in the flesh.

Dean.
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #156 on: April 19, 2010, 11:04:26 AM »

Hi everyone,
                Well i made it back from Orange safely and with no dramas and this is the first opportunity i have had to put anything on the forum.
 I took the Hayshed FC to Wangaratta for the swap meet and the show "n" shine. It was a sensational day, but not too many bargains. I was waiting for the raffle to be drawn and they were doing the presentations before hand, anyway, i was sitting in the shade minding my own business, when i heard my name read out for something. So i got up and started walking over to the guy with the microphone, and he informed me that i had won the Encouragment award for the Hayshed FC. Obviously the judges thought that the FC is a work in progress. After recieving a couple of nice looking bottles of wine, i informed him that the FC is finished and that that is the way i want to keep it.

Anyway it was nice to get something,

Thanks to Lester and Chris Hilli for the warm company, and the Early Holden club of Wangaratta and the Lions Club for the Event.
                                                    Cheers Scotty

Royal
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #157 on: April 19, 2010, 04:03:03 PM »

Hey Scott   I wonder if the guy you bought this off ever thought it would be doing this
   http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b337/beachball12/13th%20nats/?action=view&current=13thnatspic2-5-april10196.jpg

Just  "HOLDEN " on
Royal
qld-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: April 19, 2010, 04:18:10 PM »

Well that didn't work but you san see the 4 pics in the album, I don't know who was driving your car at the time but my stocky couldn't keep up certainly goes well.
                                  Roy

Just  "HOLDEN " on
GOA350
vic-club

View Profile
« Reply #159 on: April 20, 2010, 09:46:06 AM »

That was my Dad reliving his youth. Grin
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode)