FE-FC Holden Discussion Forum
April 29, 2024, 09:16:35 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: The FE-FC Holden Car Club of NSW are proud to host the 19th FE-FC Holden Nationals. Check out the announcement video for more.

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Add bookmark  |  Print  
Author Topic: FC Weight  (Read 1775 times)
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« on: May 29, 2007, 07:59:21 AM »

Hi guys,here's one way out of left field.I am building a body roller so that I can do the complete resto of the underside of my black FC sedan.Will also be used on my v6 FC sedan project down the track....and my ute (don't let my wife know).This makes things a lot easier even when doing sill panels,floor sections etc.My question is,does anyone want to has it a guess as to what the shell will weigh when completely stripped out and minus the doors and front apron(front end section).I need to know roughly so I can be sure the roller will be strong enough.My manual puts a FC225 at 2412lbs.I'm guessing the shell would have to be about a quarter to a third that weight.Any ideas?Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
colt
act-club

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 10:24:58 AM »

Jamie, I recently tipped an FC shell onto its side on my own. I'm not a huge guy, but it went easily. I think this topic has been discussed before. Easily less than 200 kg's. I'd guess closer to 150.
Colin.

colt
TTV6FC
Guru

Model: FC

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 09:30:45 PM »

Thanks a lot Colin,I'll see if I can find the topic.Cheers,Jamie.

Run your fingers over my Holden and I'll run my Holden over your fingers!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Add bookmark  |  Print  

Share this topic...
In a forum (BBCode) 
In a site/blog (HTML)

Jump to: